User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tested Positive!

Well it started out as a very stupid mistake by me. Slipped and fell on a wet concrete garage floor. Right leg folded underneath my body. Much pain and right leg stopped working.
    Went alone by ambulance to ER (family couldn't move me). diagnosed with ruptured quadricep. given a brace/immobilizer, told to call an ortho surgeon. discharged 6 PM Friday before Memorial weekend.
    5 days later got in to see DR and he schedules surgery to reattach quad to knee in three days. Says sooner reattached the better. Next day went to hospital for pre-admission testing, and you guessed it: I'm COVID-19 positive, and lame. Surgeon can't operate til i'm clear.
    This whole time i have been asymptomatic - not a single symptom (thank God!)
    in three days I go back to be retested.
    Saw on the news where IN Med Director said as many as 40% of positives are asymptomatic - and I'm one.
    So much for camping this year...

still staying positive - no fever, headache, shortness of breath, lack of taste, weakness, etc. just kinda bored...
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, tell yourself that it can always be worse. Maybe things will get better for you sooner rather then later.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I feel bad for you but you have my prayers and get well wishes.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testing positive shouldn't ruin your whole summer. If I remember right our friend who tested positive had to have 2 negative tests before self isolation could end. In all both her and her husband who was also A symptomatic were isolated for about 3 weeks, maybe a bit more.

Hope you are in the negative soon and glad for you that you have no symptoms. Good luck with your surgery
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Testing positive shouldn't ruin your whole summer. If I remember right our friend who tested positive had to have 2 negative tests before self isolation could end. In all both her and her husband who was also A symptomatic were isolated for about 3 weeks, maybe a bit more.

Hope you are in the negative soon and glad for you that you have no symptoms. Good luck with your surgery
    I think he's probably referring to the ruptured quad putting the damper on camping.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I think he's probably referring to the ruptured quad putting the damper on camping.

Rob
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sucks but you're fortunate not to have any Covid symptoms. Some friends of mine have been really sick for over a week now with symptoms but their tests came back negative. They isolated themselves as soon as the symptoms started and we've kept our physical distance. The good news today is that they're improving. As for these Covid tests, there's around a 30% chance that they deliver a false positive or negative. To me, that's to inaccurate for something we are all basing our lives on right now.

As for the knee, that sucks but it's not the end of the world. I've had my knee operated on twice now. Once in the 90's (football injury) and once in 2018. My knee felt great after this latest surgery and it really only slowed me down for a couple weeks.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc9efc3384bc692a851e3c283fe5604342c3be709bf214281910f4b5aa94986b.0.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	27106

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm one that calls BS on all the "positives".

Yours is now the 6th story I've heard from people that went to a doctor with no symptoms or temperature and "test positive".

One of our Techs was in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago. He went to the emergency room where 3 different nurses took his temperature before the doctor came in. Doctor came in and said his temp is high and needs to test for Covid. Turns out his temp was normal, and the doctor was just trying to get the Federal money for Covid cases.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no grand conspiracy at play. Just poor availability of what are really BAD tests! Because of the limited availability, hospitals are making conservative calls in triage fashion because there's no time/funds/PPE/ETC. - Nikki is on the front lines here so I'm speaking with knowledge. Also, the so-called "approved" tests in the US are not very accurate, which is why you have to go through 3 tests. True (i.e., verified through approved and alternate tests) asymptomatic positives seem to be more prevalent than the news is reporting out if you're geeking out on facts and studying some of the papers being published by the global medical research community. On a personal note, Nikki's family was hit by this repercussions of COVID19 spread by an asymptomatic carrier! Her cousin had no idea at all of his exposure and having COVID19 - not even a sniffle. He, his wife, his brother, his parents had an outdoor, socially distant dinner together. Then a couple days later both his wife and brother were feeling off. Then his wife got REALLY bad, and it was confirmed to be COVID19. His elderly mother then started spiking a fever and seeing things and was ultimately hospitalized a couple days later needing oxygen support and confirmed COVID19. His brother had miserable flu-like symptoms for 2 weeks, positive for COVID19 and has now had more than a dozen tests as he tries to return to work (essential role). The one person who escaped it was Nikki's uncle. The best they could trace it back, based on her cousin's memory, is that he spent the longest time around people in the laundry center of their apartment village, and while folks donned masks he says they were just cloth...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast