User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weight issues

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overtaxed .... curious what your payload sticker is on your 450 ... thanks Frank ... as far as your "up in class" my 3500 SRW is a class ahead of any 2500
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, not to insult your intelligence but the payload approximates the difference between the trucks curb weight and its GVWR. I say that because I cannot identify your truck on the spec sheet. https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...Super-Duty.pdf , Page 5 with GVWR 11,500. Bear in mind the so called "door sticker" has a safety factor of 25-30+%. Nobody's gonna manufacture a truck that's going to careen out of control because its over the door sticker ratings by a few hundred pounds. Add'l the payload rating is calculated with a safety factor upward of 25% and assumes an "un-braked" load like a pallet of sod in the bed.
    What's scary to me is some folks preaching about the dangers of even slightly exceed payload ratings likely have their 5th wheel overloaded if you compute their units weight as the quotient of 20% of the pin weight. If I have a pin weight exceeding 2800 lbs, my units overloaded @>14,000 lbs on tandem 6,000 lb axles.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grassmaster View Post
    Gary, not to insult your intelligence but the payload approximates the difference between the trucks curb weight and its GVWR. I say that because I cannot identify your truck on the spec sheet. https://media.ford.com/content/dam/f...Super-Duty.pdf , Page 5 with GVWR 11,500. Bear in mind the so called "door sticker" has a safety factor of 25-30+%. Nobody's gonna manufacture a truck that's going to careen out of control because its over the door sticker ratings by a few hundred pounds. Add'l the payload rating is calculated with a safety factor upward of 25% and assumes an "un-braked" load like a pallet of sod in the bed.
    What's scary to me is some folks preaching about the dangers of even slightly exceed payload ratings likely have their 5th wheel overloaded if you compute their units weight as the quotient of 20% of the pin weight. If I have a pin weight exceeding 2800 lbs, my units overloaded @>14,000 lbs on tandem 6,000 lb axles.
    Thanks grassmaster. The 11500 GVWR and the 3371 payload are on the door sticker. I also found the GVWR on the 2019 Super Duty Spec sheet. F350 SRW 6.7 Duramax. 3:55 gear ratio. The payload of course varies with the trim level and options on the individual vehicle. What you are saying about the “safety factor” makes sense. I wish there was a way to confirm it officially somehow. Thank again for the post.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Overtaxed .... curious what your payload sticker is on your 450 ... thanks Frank ... as far as your "up in class" my 3500 SRW is a class ahead of any 2500
    4773 payload. I have 2018 450 Lariat, no sun roof, nav, upgraded sound system. Obviously it goes up a bit with less of the extras 350 has more payload because the truck itself weighs less.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    4773 payload. I have 2018 450 Lariat, no sun roof, nav, upgraded sound system. Obviously it goes up a bit with less of the extras 350 has more payload because the truck itself weighs less.
    That is the truck I I want. I love my F350 Platinum but...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the safety and stability of a dually. Payload sticker is 5293; and that's with all the bells and whistles. Love the truck, but I do have "turn radius" envy after driving a friend's 450.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Love the safety and stability of a dually. Payload sticker is 5293; and that's with all the bells and whistles. Love the truck, but I do have "turn radius" envy after driving a friend's 450.
    I agree. Test drove a 450. Made a U-turn on a 2 lane road. Made the car salesman squirm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234