Thread: 2250RK Purchase

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250RK Purchase

Hello all,
    We have decided to get back into the RV world and purchase a 2250RK after researching many floorplans. We were going to buy used but have had little luck finding units. It appears the 2250RK started life around 2017 or 18. My question is what are the changes GD has made thru 3 or 4 years to the 2250RK? What improvements if any were made? Looking at ads of the one or two used units I have found, I cannot see any changes or upgrades but then again it’s hard to tell looking at photos. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Eddie

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More cosmetic than anything. Biggest change would be the larger fridge in the newer models.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larger frig and bigger holding tanks. You will love 2250RK. Check out air flow from your furnace to outlets; this was only problem we had that wasn't caught. Take tissue paper and hold in front of each outlet to check flow. Take off panel next to theater seat and make sure duct tube for basement goes through hole in floor and check for any tears in duct work. We found some coat racks at Walmart that almost matched colors; added one on each side of bed, one in bathroom and one by entrance door in kitchen. used very small screws and plastic anchors - never had problem and they really help.
    Just added closet lights to all closets in camper and they help.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had ours for a year now and it’s PERFECT for our particular situation.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest change is the interior colour, dark walnut <2019, light with frameless door >2019. Some newer models will have slam latch storage doors, and the steps maybe solid rather than aluminum fold-up. 2019 can be mixed.
    Some older 2250RKs have a sofa with chaise on one end, others have theatre seating if I recall it correctly.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie32 View Post
    Hello all,
    We have decided to get back into the RV world and purchase a 2250RK after researching many floorplans. We were going to buy used but have had little luck finding units. It appears the 2250RK started life around 2017 or 18. My question is what are the changes GD has made thru 3 or 4 years to the 2250RK? What improvements if any were made? Looking at ads of the one or two used units I have found, I cannot see any changes or upgrades but then again it’s hard to tell looking at photos. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Eddie
    We bought our 2019 over a 2020 because of the cabinet design and color change. Like @Buckskin - we added some battery powered motion lighting to our closets. Installed solar panels, inverter, TV in the bedroom and several other upgrades.
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie32 View Post
    Hello all,

Thanks Eddie
    Additionally, we got the larger fridge also and sacrificed the pet dishes which we didn’t need anyway. Discovered accidentally that there was a pre mounted clothes bar in the lower pantry, just remove the one shelf, unless you prefer more pantry space and less hanging space. I’ve not spent much time comparing differences in the year models so can’t help much there. We added the Dexter Easy Flex suspension upgrade, Goodyear Endurance tires, a REAL mattress (of course) one additional battery, TPMS, and a Furrion older model observation camera. The rest is only minor DIY convenience and cosmetic mods which you can personalize to your own taste. Travel and Camp Safe!🚌
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mark -
    We also have a 2250rk and I’m thinking about adding some solar panels. Can you give some details on yours (make, model, and where you mounted them or if you went with portable)? Thanks.

Andytrout

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andytrout View Post
    Hey Mark -
    We also have a 2250rk and I’m thinking about adding some solar panels. Can you give some details on yours (make, model, and where you mounted them or if you went with portable)? Thanks.

Andytrout
    Hello Andy, I apologize for the late response. I have unfortunately been having to business travel a lot lately. So to answer your question we have roof mounted 2 65 watt panels on the roof. Eventually I will be adding 2 more down the road a bit because with the inverter, and chose to use the refrigerator on electrical rather than propane, the charge rate cannot keep up with everything else we have running or in use. These charge 2 225amp 6 volt batteries. I would attached some pictures but we have our trailer in for warranty work, (needed to get our list of stuff in for resolve prior to the end on the 12 month warranty). I do have to climb up to the roof and connect the solar cable to the panel which of course runs down the side to the battery controller. The model number: attached. These are very durable panels, glass, and I am sure you might be able to find a better price as I purchased these a few years ago for our previous tent trailer. I run both an inverter and for back-up a generator since we camp in national parks many times. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solar panels.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	30895
    Mark & Lyne
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2017 Audi Q7 Premium Plus with factory tow package - 2 sway controllers
    TT Ready for boondocking with solar installed on roof