User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Stephen's is correct. Very simple design. The bracket has 4 keyholes and the TV has 4 bolts. Lift the TV straight up maybe an inch and pull it toward you. Voila. Once you remove the TV I think everything will make itself clear. Unfortunately I don't believe you will be any more able to connect your sound bar to the TV than the rest of us. There just isn't an ample "sound out" on the TV. I would suggest connecting your Blu-ray player via HDMI to the input on your sound bar and then using another HDMI, connect the sound bar to the TV. As I stated before, the only downside is that you still can only hear the TV for "over the air" programming through the TV itself.

On your other question, once you remove the TV and then the paneling behind it, you should be able to mount a regular residential style wall mount which will give you the ability to not only swing the TV for different viewing angles but also open the possibility for replacing the TV with a better TV that will fit different mounts and have more up to date inputs and digital outputs.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion has a stereo plug out. I used the Aux hook up on the sound bar to play my "over the air" through the sound bar.

I went basically from my Furrion TV headphone out, to my LG Soundbar aux input.

This gave me the way to play my blue ray, TV, Bluetooth, USB jump drive all through the Soundbar and I have one more optical input I could use at a later date if I choose.

One note to mention though, I too thought about replacing the Furrion TV as it just seems cheap. First off a 46" Furrion is $799. But secondly, these TV's were designed to handle excessive vibrations and shock as they do bounce around a lot in the unit while traveling. Just one thing to consider when looking at new tv's.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uggghhh! I have to remember to copy my posts as it keeps logging me off!!
    Thanks for all the valuable input!
    So first thing I addressed this am was the tv. Unfortunately we are securely fastened to the mount. I awkwardly finagled my small hands back there to take a pic which confirmed my suspicions. So I guess we will first address the bracket. Since we already planned to replace the tv...check and check. Anyone know what's behind the false wall? I want to try and avoid the many hole syndrome. And since we are only moving twice a year, if I get the easy on off bracket, I can just disconnect it and transport it in my back seat for less bounce.
    Does the Bose soundbar fit the existing soundbar bracket or do I need to replace that too? Thanks for sharing your wealth of information!
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to remember something about the TV bracket.

1) The manufacture wouldn't spend a bunch of time slowly screwing in a TV with very tight space to work. So that would put a bracket on the wall that they can just slide the TV on.

2) Remember this bracket has to hold the TV while traveling too, so it will take a little force to lift it strait up towards the ceiling to kind of dislodge it From the bracket. The bracket is a V-Shaped slot where the smallest part is towards the bottom. It will feel like it's screwed in, but it is not.

What I will try to do is when I get off work this evening, I'll take mine off the wall and take some pictures of it to better explain if you hadn't figured it out by then. Also, might try and make a short video showing how I lifted it, again if you haven't figured it out yet.

Always remember that anything put in the camper that could fail, has to be easily removed if it needs fixing.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is behind the false wall?

See a post under Mods & DIY, Rebuilt area of 380.

He says he removed the false wall and it was all finished, he put a wall mount for a TV which he then can pull out and swivel. Before taking out a false wall, I would recommend you consult Customer Service at Grand Design, give them the Vin number of your trailer, and ask them what is behind the wall.

Robert
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for your help!
    We tried again to remove the tv from the mount, but my other half is NOT a patient man so rather than finding him holding a tv and mount in his hands with 4 large holes in the wall I had him stop. I went through our manuals and stumbled across our pm´s cell no. I texted him and he confirmed our fear-It is in fact bolted to the mount(I sent him a picture as well) he did affirm though that the wall is solid behind there.
    So that sucks! Thank you all for your time. We will definitely be replacing the mount now as well. Back to square one.
    Just to throw this out there, I hate listening to the tv while watching tv, so since they came out with them back 20 or so years ago I figured it that I can plug in computer speakers to the tv. So we have a pair of Bose plugged into it now. So much better, actually sounds great in the small slave we have. If I can figure out how to upload pics I will.
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your TV is "bolted to the mount" . . . how would anyone get at the bolts ?
    Ours is the keyhole "lift one inch and pull" as previously described in more detail.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I have no idea. Quite the bummer. We can get to the top ones but haven't bothered with the bottom yet. We were just checking it out, but was afraid if we took it out we wouldn't get it back on. So we will wait until we get the new stuff. Our momentum had the lift, as well as the bedroom in this unit...sucks
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would post a pic but I haven't figured out how yet.
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures are always good !
    Press the "picture icon" above the text box . . . 3rd from the right.
    Then press "from computer"
    Then find your picture.
    I agree that this process is not "intuitive".

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast