Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereo/DVD Furrion3100

I have read that Grand Design now installs a Bluetooth stereo/Dvd player. I looked yesterday at the pictures on their website for a Reflection 303. This shows this new stereo is a Furrion DV3100. It seems to only have 2 speaker zones instead of 3 in the DV1000. I noted that a picture of a Solitude 320 show a DV1200 which is alos Bluetooth.

These new units are available at a lot of places for $149 plus shipping: EBAY, RVboatparts.com, rv-trailerparts.com

I did find 1 site that listed a retail of over $300 and their price was $260.

Anyone who wishes to upgrade their present DV1000 to the 3100 should be aware of the smaller size of the 3100--7.87 inches wide and 4.33 high.

Robert
    Last edited by cgoodnight; 01-23-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: new information
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We have one in our new 337RLS Robert. As a radio, it's fine. I think it's better than the Jensen we had in our last trailer but really, can they get any cheaper with the entertainment components? 2 speakers? My 8 year old truck has like 6 and a subwoofer! And what happened to running a set of speakers to the bedroom?

We've only had a trailer a couple weeks and I've already bypassed the stereo for watching and listening to DVDs. I added both a residential Sony Blu-ray player and a Samsung Sound bar. Because the Haier TV is so cheap you have to listen to over-the-air TV through the TV. Ours doesn't even have the TV sound playing through the stereo because, again, the cheap POS TV doesn't even have a audio output!

I didn't buy this gorgeous trailer for the entertainment system, I can and already have upgraded it but common man, talk about cheaping out!

Just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy,

Although I have the bedroom speakers also, I have never used the stereo, radio, or DVD. I have a Blue-Ray DVD connected to the TV with a HDMI cable. We use a Bose wireless speaker to listen to music from my wife's phone. Much better than the 337 speakers.

Your Haier TV should have a coaxial audio output, but your sound bar probably does not have that input. I found that both sound bars and TV's are all over the place with their connections. My Furrion has analog RCA outputs, so I will take my Klipsch sound bar on our next trip because it has those input connections in addition to the optical which I use to connect at home.

Robert

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgoodnight View Post
    Poppy,

Although I have the bedroom speakers also, I have never used the stereo, radio, or DVD. I have a Blue-Ray DVD connected to the TV with a HDMI cable. We use a Bose wireless speaker to listen to music from my wife's phone. Much better than the 337 speakers.

Your Haier TV should have a coaxial audio output, but your sound bar probably does not have that input. I found that both sound bars and TV's are all over the place with their connections. My Furrion has analog RCA outputs, so I will take my Klipsch sound bar on our next trip because it has those input connections in addition to the optical which I use to connect at home.

Robert
    I also have my Blu-ray, sound bar and TV connected with HDMI. Only way to go. Unfortunately the only audio output on the Haier is a head phone jack. No amount of volume on either the Furrion stereo or the sound bar will amplify the sound without stupid distortion. It's just not worth getting it set up that way.

Like I said, by the time I'm done with my changes, the system will be very nice. I still need to change out the mount and the TV itself. My only point is that they could have added nicer components for very little money. Some manufacturers we looked at were far superior with their stuff including true surround sound. I certainly wouldn't buy a trailer for the entertainment system though, I'm just sayin'.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model tv is in the units?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 337 was built in Oct. 2013 and has a 39" Furrion LED HDTV, model FEFS39D8A. Poppy's was built recently and has a Haier, he can tell you the model number.

Robert

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if the TVs supported ARC. I know it's the last thing you want to spend money on, especially after spending all the money already on the coach. With ARC the audio goes both ways through the HDMI, so if you're using a soundbar (most are ARC compliant) or surround sound system, then audio connected to the the tv via cable/satellite/over-the-air would be then delivered through the soundbar. Also works with any additional components (wii, vcrs, etc).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mine was built in December 2015 and the TV is a 39" Haier LED HDTV, model # 39D3005
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    New to the forum...well not new per say but up till now just a creeper :-) So much valuable info!
    I have a question about replacing tv, & sound bar and would like some suggestions-opinions.

1) How do you even get behind there to disconnect the tv from the bracket? There's like an inch on either side of tv and a few inches on top. Had to use a small mirror just to hook into hdmi. Also, what do you think about replacing bracket with adjustable bracket so I can get a larger tv? I understand there are ramifications of securing it while traveling, I was going to cross that bridge when we come to it.
    2) Is there even a way to access the wiring to the stereo behind the wall? Not sure I even need to since I would connect the Bose sound bar directly to the tv? Or do I connect it to the blu Ray player? Haha, that said, do I need someone to help me? I'm confident I can get it, just not sure how long our set up will be down.
    We are currently full timers, and we only move it twice a year, from WA to SOCAL and back.
    Thanks in advance,

Julie
    ´15 solitude 369
    Aguanga, CA
    Kennewick, WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Mueller View Post
    Hi,
    New to the forum...well not new per say but up till now just a creeper :-) So much valuable info!
    I have a question about replacing tv, & sound bar and would like some suggestions-opinions.

1) How do you even get behind there to disconnect the tv from the bracket? There's like an inch on either side of tv and a few inches on top. Had to use a small mirror just to hook into hdmi. Also, what do you think about replacing bracket with adjustable bracket so I can get a larger tv? I understand there are ramifications of securing it while traveling, I was going to cross that bridge when we come to it.
    2) Is there even a way to access the wiring to the stereo behind the wall? Not sure I even need to since I would connect the Bose sound bar directly to the tv? Or do I connect it to the blu Ray player? Haha, that said, do I need someone to help me? I'm confident I can get it, just not sure how long our set up will be down.
    We are currently full timers, and we only move it twice a year, from WA to SOCAL and back.
    Thanks in advance,

Julie
    ´15 solitude 369
    Aguanga, CA
    Kennewick, WA
    I don't have the same unit as you, but I did have to access behind my tv. My main tv and other tv's are on a bracket that all I had to do was lift up on the whole tv and the tv just slides up and out the bracket. This made making connections behind the tv a snap.

As far as for running sound through the radio, it is still hooked up that way like factory, but I just put my audio on the sound bar connection and run all my inputs through there.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast