User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post
    I just bought a new 150 295RL fifth wheel and as I am on it's maiden voyage and the only issue found (so far) is that loud humming coming from the back of the fridge. (Hot scorcher of a week as well). But it is making ice and fridge seems to be holding up. And if I understand all of the many threads on this issue I should not mark it as dealer issue since I'm not going to like their answer - correct? (Domestic Fridge).
    Like the previous suggestion, it is the fan in back. Somehow, some of them buz when they run. You can read how I pulled out the fridge and installed a second fan on the bracket. Boom - No buzz and better airflow. Fridge works great. Like the A/C, those fans run almost all day when it's hot out or the sun is on that side, but no buzz - much quieter.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    Like the previous suggestion, it is the fan in back. Somehow, some of them buz when they run. You can read how I pulled out the fridge and installed a second fan on the bracket. Boom - No buzz and better airflow. Fridge works great. Like the A/C, those fans run almost all day when it's hot out or the sun is on that side, but no buzz - much quieter.
    And those fans are good. At least the numbers on them are good. Hard to beat. I added a second same model as the first and somehow the buzz went away. The bracket was designed for 2 fans so it was easy once I disconnected everything and pulled the fridge into the kitchen.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like I have my first mod for my rig. Do you know if there is a YouTube video on this procedure? Thanks for the tip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted a new thread on how I helped my Dometic 6 cu ft refrigerator run colder, https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ow-runs-colder I bought this fan kit, https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RV-DOMETI...53.m2749.l2649 and used the circuit for the existing cooling fan which is a 3 amp circuit with a thermostat already attached to the cooling fins. I just tapped into the wire that goes from the thermostat to the original fan. 3 amps is more than enough to run these three fans. Now all three fans kick on at the same time and it seems to work great. My refrigerator now runs at 34 to 36 degrees and the freezer at 8 to 10 degrees at a setting of 3 on a 90+ degree very humid day. The ice cream even stays frozen with the sun hitting the back of the refrigerator. The installation was very simple and has been well worth the money and time.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post
    Sounds like I have my first mod for my rig. Do you know if there is a YouTube video on this procedure? Thanks for the tip.
    There are videos. One helped me get the fridge disconnected, unscrewed and slid out onto a 2x4 platform I built. From there I was on my own. If your rig is like mine, there's a bracket on the back of the fridge that takes two fans, but only one was there. Buy another fan like the original. I got mine from Digikey. Wire them in parallel. You can test the fans with a 9V battery before you slide the fridge back in. I probably wrote more detail in this thread or another.

I can't explain why the loud buzz went away. Maybe you want to tape some foam to the fans before you slide the fridge back in? I didn't.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    B&W Companion Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interestingly the kit states it includes thermostats that are triggered on at 110 or 120 degrees. That seems kind of high to me. Folks who've installed their own fans with thermostats have been setting the trigger point at about 80-90 degrees. But hey it works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I just posted a new thread on how I helped my Dometic 6 cu ft refrigerator run colder, https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ow-runs-colder I bought this fan kit, https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RV-DOMETI...53.m2749.l2649 and used the circuit for the existing cooling fan which is a 3 amp circuit with a thermostat already attached to the cooling fins. I just tapped into the wire that goes from the thermostat to the original fan. 3 amps is more than enough to run these three fans. Now all three fans kick on at the same time and it seems to work great. My refrigerator now runs at 34 to 36 degrees and the freezer at 8 to 10 degrees at a setting of 3 on a 90+ degree very humid day. The ice cream even stays frozen with the sun hitting the back of the refrigerator. The installation was very simple and has been well worth the money and time.

Dale
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Interestingly the kit states it includes thermostats that are triggered on at 110 or 120 degrees. That seems kind of high to me. Folks who've installed their own fans with thermostats have been setting the trigger point at about 80-90 degrees. But hey it works for you!
    Yeah, I didn’t use their thermostat because I thought it was high so I used what was there, mainly to simplify the install. The guy that puts these kits together is a heat and a/c guy so I would hope he knows what he is doing recommending the 110 and 120 degree thermostats. I just know that using the one already on my camper and running all three fans off of it so they all turn on together has really helped. It is 100 degrees today and the freezer is 10 degrees and the refrigerator is 36 degrees.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    Yeah, I didn’t use their thermostat because I thought it was high so I used what was there, mainly to simplify the install. The guy that puts these kits together is a heat and a/c guy so I would hope he knows what he is doing recommending the 110 and 120 degree thermostats. I just know that using the one already on my camper and running all three fans off of it so they all turn on together has really helped. It is 100 degrees today and the freezer is 10 degrees and the refrigerator is 36 degrees.
    Dale
    Smart! I too would have ditched the 110 degree thermostat. IMO 80 degrees is a reasonable temp for the fans to kick on.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dometic has a solution to this too common problem. If you are below the Mason-Dixon line or your frig is in the slide you might want to add a fan...

Dometic AR-VKIT is a supplemental fan, thermostat, and wiring. See the installation link at the bottom of their page. https://www.dometic.com/en/se/produc...r-vkit-_-31166. Our Dometic 2662 does ok after 3 seasons but, we plan to keep the 2600 for another 5+ years. So, I'm adding a basic fan kit from RV Cooling Warehouse and will install it as per the Dometic instructions.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, thanks for the link - I want to upgrade the fans on my brand new fifth wheel - But I would rather have the dealer install them under the warranty but that does not sound likely from what I have read so far so just trying to get as much detail as possible.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast