User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfever View Post
    PT et al, It’s not just GD. I just visited to a new Airstream owner who had to put fans in his fridge ductwork. If you travel in the south or west, the fridges just won’t work as designed. I do wish GD would jump ahead of the competition and put the fans in as standard equipment.

Ed
    Well, we camp in 90 to 95 degree heat regularly, and in the two trailers I have owned the refrigerator would freeze food if set above 4 of 5 on the unit! Never had a temp problem not matter how hot it got. So, it can be done! I had never heard of trouble with the fridge until I started shopping for a new unit this time! Which I never heard of as many suspension problems as I have on GD either?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    It is an OEM issue - not the fridge mfgr. It's GD that buys the computer fans and has the brackets made. What gets me is that the bracket is designed for 2 fans, but GD only puts one fan on it. WTH!! They could avoid a lot of bad press by putting a second $10 fan back there. At least that's the case with my rig.
    That is the problem with letting the "bean" counters control the materials used! I have seen it many times in my years of manufacturing, when millions of dollars in recalls could have been avoided by using a part that cost 2 cents more!
    On one of my trailers, it had painted screws all over the outside. After about 5 years the screws were rusting and looked awful, running rust all down the side of the trailer! I bought at retail a box of stainless screws for 7 dollars and replaced all of them, never to have rust again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Met a guy today with his new Reflection. We had a little discussion about his new RV when he asked about the fridge. He took me around back, well a picture is worth a thousand words. Invited him to join the forum....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5686CFEE-5389-4C21-8020-7A3BFD30B948.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	27687
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Met a guy today with his new Reflection. We had a little discussion about his new RV when he asked about the fridge. He took me around back, well a picture is worth a thousand words. Invited him to join the forum....

What model is that with the fridge next to a window? Just curious.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    What model is that with the fridge next to a window? Just curious.
    This is not it, but I have one ordered with the fridge next to a window just like that. It is the 300rbts, but the fridge is on the other side on the 300.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really, really sad! Huge testimony that Grand Design would even build something like this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    This is really, really sad! Huge testimony that Grand Design would even build something like this!
    It is a new Reflection 150. 5th wheel.
    He told me that even with the fan blowing in the bottom vent, he could hold a match up to the top vent and the flame would not flicker.
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U

It is a new Reflection 150. 5th wheel.
    He told me that even with the fan blowing in the bottom vent, he could hold a match up to the top vent and the flame would not flicker.
    I'm not sure that's a good measure of whether there's airflow. I'd put a ladder on the wall, pull off the vent cover and look down. I could see the space was clear and the one fan was turning. I could see the fan was mounted on a bracket that had mounts for 2 fans. I decided to put in a second fan. Since then, everything works better. I had ice in the freezer for two weeks in Austin last month.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a new 150 295RL fifth wheel and as I am on it's maiden voyage and the only issue found (so far) is that loud humming coming from the back of the fridge. (Hot scorcher of a week as well). But it is making ice and fridge seems to be holding up. And if I understand all of the many threads on this issue I should not mark it as dealer issue since I'm not going to like their answer - correct? (Domestic Fridge).
    Gary and Kelly Slone
    Louisville, Kentucky
    18 Chev. 2500 Gas 6.0
    2020 295RL Reflection, Curt A16 Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS57 View Post
    I just bought a new 150 295RL fifth wheel and as I am on it's maiden voyage and the only issue found (so far) is that loud humming coming from the back of the fridge. (Hot scorcher of a week as well). But it is making ice and fridge seems to be holding up. And if I understand all of the many threads on this issue I should not mark it as dealer issue since I'm not going to like their answer - correct? (Domestic Fridge).
    That loud humming is probably the fan(s) that are in the vent flue at the back of the fridge. Unfortunately for many folks, there's no way to reach the fan(s) unless you either 1) don't have the wood or metal flue as described here in previous posts, or (2) you pull the fridge out. If you are able to access the fan, you can replace it with a higher efficiency yet quieter fan.

Hope that helps.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast