Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Yes, sir! The factory only leak checks and does no sanitizing.
    One has to wonder why RVs are different from regular home potable water plumbing.

When new homes are built the water system is leak checked and generously flushed with water, but i’ve never seen a regular home’s water system sanitized with a bleach solution.

Ok, there is a potable water tank present in an RV, but flushing it with water would seem to clean it just as well as the piping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    One has to wonder why RVs are different from regular home potable water plumbing.

When new homes are built the water system is leak checked and generously flushed with water, but i’ve never seen a regular home’s water system sanitized with a bleach solution.

Ok, there is a potable water tank present in an RV, but flushing it with water would seem to clean it just as well as the piping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Homes do not get supplied by varying water sources of unknown quality, and generally do not sit idle for long durations. Residential homes must pass water quality testing to obtain a CO. Any issues, treatment systems are installed. If you have well water, it behooves you to have you home water tested at least every other year. Really, quite different in an RV versus home...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12