User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gray Tank..
    GD advertising say 78 gal gray capacity. I talked to my dealer and we think two tanks installed. One tank for main bath and kitchen and another tank for aft bath(not installed and washer prep) but there is only one gray dump valve. If anyone knows the answer please let me know.
    Solar Option..
    My main reason for solar was to get inverter so as to have AC Power to some outlets which includes refrigerator. So I can run refrigerator on AC while towing not propane. That may just be a side benefit but important to me ..as for using the solar I really haven’t used it yet since been on full hookup. BUT the solar Remote monitor is installed inside the the cabinet above kitchen sink!!!! That is about as remote as you can get!
    And Grand Design provided NO information on the solar setup upon delivery. I have called GD customer service and get no service! I have gone to Jaboni website and downloaded some info but I need more help. Just sent Jaboni an email..maybe they can help.
    So I like the solar package and it seems to work( with my limited experience and knowledge) but I’m having trouble monitoring it from kitchen cabinet!
    I have a 2018 Ram. My experience with Goose box and short bed truck is I can’t turn as short as with slider, but I have not had problem yet. The cab clearance depends on trailer design. I have more cab clearance on Momentum than on the Reflection. I cannot make get to 90 degree turn because of bed - hitch clearance but that is same for all trucks ,shortbed,longbed etc.
    We like the Momentum but NOT GRAND DESIGN CUSTOMER SERVICE. I’m not talking about the folks who answer the phone..they do their best to help. I’m talking to the person in the main office with Custom Service painted on the door and printed on the stationary. Get out of the office an find out what the customer needs!!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does 353g have one 78g grey tank & what is the reason it has less basement storage then most momentum

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cargo door is 20 1/2” wide and inside measurementS are 23 1/2 “ wide by 40” on one side and 43” on other side. Height is 23” .It is not pass through. Hope that helps.
    We purchased some containers from Walmart 20” wide to put sewer, electric, Chocks etc. Also got some containers to strap in garage. Worked OK.It will take awhile to get it right.
    I stated in last post the 78 gal gray water may by two tanks but since there is only one dump valve and one button to check how full it makes me think only one tank.
    My Reflection had two buttons Gray 1&2. Makes me think only one gray tank...I will find out from GD later this week. Anybody with better info please respond!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does have rear wash room with it's own Black Tank & Dump Valve appreciate any information of Grey Tank Capacity
    Tks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bspracķlin View Post
    Does 353g have one 78g grey tank & what is the reason
    If it's anything like my 381... Grand Design shows 78 gal grey and 78 gal black, but the 3 waste tanks are all 52 gal (52x3/2=78)

The main bath has a 52 gal black and a 52 gal grey (kitchen sink goes into the main grey tank)
    The rear half bath and WD prep share one 52 gal waste tank (black and grey into same tank).
    The way they come up with 78 gal is by dividing the rear 52 gal (half black/half grey tank, 26 gal each), then add the 26 to each of the front 52 gal tanks
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have half bath so aft black tank is not being used. Thinking of ways to use aft black for extra gray tank when needed?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    I do not have half bath so aft black tank is not being used. Thinking of ways to use aft black for extra gray tank when needed?
    We have yet to use the 1/2 bath and don't have a WD, so our rear waste tank is also unused. I kinda wish there was some way to plumb the kitchen sink drain into the rear waste tank
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm picking mine up on Tuesday but the paperwork says I have 104 Gal of Grey. Hoping that is split between the front bathroom and the kitchen and not the front and the rear. I did see that a lot of people are equalizing their grey tanks with one of these to make it so they end up with more grey.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can any of the 353G momentum owners in the US call Grand Design & see if they can get the Correct answer I don't have a US phone package

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    Are you sure you have one?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast