Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wardrobe Slide Condensation

I am having a problem with condensation inside the slide wardrobe around the bottom outer edge. Our clothes were mildewed before we discovered the problem. Now every time it gets cold outside, 30s and 40s, we check it constantly, wipe the moisture out and leave the wardrobe doors open. We are in South Texas on the coast where we have high humidity. We have never had this problem with the previous 4 campers we have owned but we never had a wardrobe slide before. We have a 2015 Reflection 303RLS. Has anyone else had this problem if so what can I do to eliminate the condensation?

Danny

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a common problem with any slide in cold weather and high humidity. You are most likely running the heater which causes a temperature difference between the interior and exterior of the coach. With high humidity, moisture will condense at this boundary. This is no different than a glass of iced tea on a hot an humid day.

The first step I'd take is to make sure you have plenty of ventilation. Open some vents or windows to allow for moisture to get out. You not only have the relative humidity, but moisture from breathing, cooking, heating, etc. Allowing this excess moisture to get out will help quite a bit. If that doesn't solve the problem, you might want to invest in a dehumidifier. You can get a decent one from Amazon for around $200.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the informative reply, I just ordered a dehumidifier. I will do what I can to improve circulation and keep cabinet and ward doors open on the sides

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim nails this exactly.
    Put a small dehumidifier in the back of the wardrobe . . . and problem solved.
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS