User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golf Outing As Part Of The Next National Rally

My wife and I have taken our clubs to the last several Rallies and gone out for a round on the Monday.
    Would anybody be interested in joining us next year?
    Assuming of course there will be a National Rally in Aug, 2021.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom--my wife and I are avid golfers and actually just bought our first RV so we could travel the country and play while not having to stay in hotels. Depending on where the national rally is next year, assuming there is a course nearby, we might be interested in going! If so, we would most definitely enjoy meeting up for a round.
    Kevin--St. Louis, MO
    2020 Grand Design 2600RB
    2010 F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great idea, Tom. Count me & probably the wife in.
    Travel Safe,

Mike, Rhonda & Reuben the dog
    '20 Reflection 303RLS
    '20 F-250
    '98 Mustang GT Convertible
    Some other unimportant stuff

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK folks, I've made a very initial contact with the folks at Meadow Valley Golf Course in Middlebury, IN https://www.meadowvalleygc.com/
    They have open date on Monday, Aug 30, 2021 for an outing. You would have to be in to the Rally fairgrounds by Sunday.
    So, I know it's early, very early, but if there's any chance you want to get in a round of golf on the Monday before the Rally starts post it here.
    We can make this a tournament, a scrambles event, a sanctioned Rally event (possibly some swag from Grand Design), or just some friends getting in a round of golf when they should be doing something better with their time.
    My wife and I are in, so there's 2.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: Golf at the National Rally
    Glad to hear it's a tentative Go, and we're planning on being there if we've both had our vaccine shots by that time. So, yes we'll organize the golf outing on the Monday. Probably with a 10:00 tee time. I'll work that out with the course when they reopen in the Spring. I'd saved my contact info so hopefully the same staff person is still employed there.
    Being the initial golf outing we're thinking to keep it simple. A scramble format, 4 person teams, shotgun start if the course allows us that.
    I'm not going around hustling for prizes. If GD wants to contribute something, great. Other than that winners get bragging rights and a round of applause at the Tuesday announcements.
    Tom & Nancy Funtsch

Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo
    Hi Tom,

Just circling back to this for this rally. As of now we are planning a go, final decision will be made in June before registration starts. What are your thoughts on this?

Red
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news folks that golf, as a Rally outing golfing is planned for Monday Aug 30th as initially discussed last year. This will be a Rally function and Grand Design is on board to help with some of the logistics. It'll be open to the first 72 golfers that signup, we'll signup through our Rally registration as an excursion. Grand Design did commit to providing buses for transport to the course and back, so that's good. I don't have anything yet on costs or start time, just that it'll be a scrambles format. Please be honest with your handicap or average score so that I can match players to try and keep the teams equal. Much more info will be available later on as the Rally registration time gets closer.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding golf at Meadow Valley Golf Club. Cost will be $40/golfer, paid with your Rally registration as an excursion. This'll include the golf, cart and box lunch.
    We'll tee off at 9:00 a.m. in a scrambles format. With your registration I'll need your handicap or average score. If you have friends you prefer to golf with you can note that and I'll put you together. Otherwise I'll try to balance the foursomes as much as I can based on the averages submitted. I've talked with the club events coordinator and in the event of rain all money will be refunded. There'll be a tour bus, courtesy of Grand Design - thank you, at the campground around 7:45-8:00 to take us to the course as a group. It'll make it easier for me too to check you in and get you on your way. The course has practice green and chipping area. For $1.00 you can get a small bucket of balls for the driving range. Would it be worthwhile to add $1.00 to the registration cost for a coffee bar in the morning?
    This isn't a charity, or otherwise, fundraiser event although there may be 50/50 raffle tickets available as the Rally in general designates a local charity to benefit from the ongoing 50/50 raffles during the week.
    We have no prizes given for lowest score or otherwise. This is just a chance for friends with a common hobby to get together and enjoy a round of golf prior to Rally activities starting on Tuesday. I've talked to Pam and the team with the lowest score will get a shout-out at Tuesday morning announcements, so you have that.
    We may or may not have longest drive, closest to pin or longest putt contests. The course handles dozens of outings a year and can provide the markers if we choose. We may revisit this later in the planning. Actually, what do you think? Remember, at this time we don't have prizes anyway.
    That's all I got right now. Let me know what you think.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copied from the National Rally Information pdf.

Pre-Rally - Monday, August 31, 2021
    Golf at Meadow Valley Golf Club, Middlebury, IN
    7:30A Load buses at Fairgrounds
    7:45A Depart Fairgrounds via Motorcoach with Grand Design Guide
    8:45A Arrive at Meadow Valley Golf Club
    9:00A Tee off … Scramble Format
    12:30P Enjoy a box lunch after game
    1:30P Load buses for return to the Fairgrounds
    2:30P Arrival at the Fairgrounds
    ➢ Teams will be matched as evenly as possible, by the handicap or average score that you provide in
    Eventbrite at the time of registration. You may also request to golf with friends.
    ➢ In the event of rain, the scramble will be cancelled and fee refunded.
    $40 per person. Maximum of 72 guests.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're at the Michigan Rally and had a quick talk with Emily about the golf outing on the Monday prior to the National Rally in August. Everyone's looking forward to the new event, if you're a golfer. In a couple of weeks when you sign up for the Rally through Eventbrite you'll have the option of various excursions to participate in. The golf outing is one of them. Meadow Valley Golf is looking forward to seeing us and we're getting a good price for the golf and box lunch. Looking forward to seeing everyone, on the course and at the Rally itself.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow registration opens for the Rally. Although you don't have to book your excursions right away some may close due to limited capacity. The golf outing is limited to only 72 golfers. And FYI: When looking at the Rally FAQ's, schedules and addendums a correction is needed. Addendum B incorrectly has the date of Aug 31st for the golf date. It is correct that it is on Monday. Addendum C, the Rally schedule correctly has the date as Aug 30th. So, if you're planning on getting to the fairgrounds over the weekend and are a golfer, please consider adding the golf outing on Monday, Aug 30th to your registration.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast