Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnoetzel View Post
    Just a thought,
    It may be possible to locate the yellow power wire in the back of the 12 volt fuse panel.
    Pull the fuse and see if the gateway turns off.
    May be easier than wiring a switch up there.
    I'd prefer wiring the switch directly on the gateway box if possible. That's why I asked about it specifically and indicated that in my post.

I know others have done this, just looking for a little detail and behind the scenes pictures...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It turns out that I'm happy to have a Verizon sim card in my unit since wifi is so poor at many RV parks. So far I've gotten decent performance out of 4G.

I installed the switch in the unit's shell so that it can be turned off when the RV is in storage (the power wire is hot even when the "12V disconnect key" is removed). Since I was on the road without fancy tools, I just cut the shell with a box cutter on the side nearest all the connections. As you can see, it wasn't perfect, but it's about a foot from the wall so it's not really visible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	35475
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    It turns out that I'm happy to have a Verizon sim card in my unit since wifi is so poor at many RV parks. So far I've gotten decent performance out of 4G.

I installed the switch in the unit's shell so that it can be turned off when the RV is in storage (the power wire is hot even when the "12V disconnect key" is removed). Since I was on the road without fancy tools, I just cut the shell with a box cutter on the side nearest all the connections. As you can see, it wasn't perfect, but it's about a foot from the wall so it's not really visible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	35475
    Looks great.
    So do you buy a SIM card?
    Add to plan, with other devices?
    I have AT&T, two phones, and a iPad with unlimited.
    How’s that work.
    Thanks
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you need an additional sim card from AT&T (or you could sign up with Winegard, but people don't seem happy with that). The device requires a large format sim card - you can see that when you open it up. Be gentle with the Winegard sim card carrier, it's a bit flimsy.
    2020 Ford F150 XLT with HDPP, 3.5L TT V6, 6.5' bed, 3.73 axle, Curt A16 manual slider hitch.
    2021 GD Reflections 150 series 295RL 33' 5th
    Long ago: Carriage Lite 35' 5th, towed by Dodge Ram 2500 V10

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK... mine has the orange/white loop coming out of the ceiling... which one is positive and which is ground?
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updating Winegard air 360 to 360+

First of all I am new to camping and Blogs so forgive me if I am doing this wrong. Ok my camper has the winegard air 360 and I want to install the gateway gw 1000. From what I have read the gw 1000 needs the 360 + to function. Looking at my set up the modem will not be able to installed directly below the new dome because the dome is above a entertainment cabinet.

1. Does the new Dome need a 12 volt battery supply?
    2. Can the modem be installed in the open area of the cabinet?
    3. Can the wire leads from the dome to the modem be extended in order to reach the modem since I cannot install directly below the dome?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a new question on this old subject.... Installed the GW-1000 Gateway router today on our 320MKS which was prewired for it in the hallway. Problem was that there is a hall light within inches of where the Gateway is suppose to be mounted so the Gateway cannot be pointed to the front of the RV as the installation instructions say, but instead to one side. Foreseeable problems?
    Torvald
    2021 GD Reflection 320MKS
    Home base in the Pacific Northwest

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Here's a new question on this old subject.... Installed the GW-1000 Gateway router today on our 320MKS which was prewired for it in the hallway. Problem was that there is a hall light within inches of where the Gateway is suppose to be mounted so the Gateway cannot be pointed to the front of the RV as the installation instructions say, but instead to one side. Foreseeable problems?
    Since the forum doesn't allow you to delete your own posts, am replying to mine. Disregard this last message! Heard from Winegard and they advised it makes no difference which way the gateway is pointed...
    Torvald
    2021 GD Reflection 320MKS
    Home base in the Pacific Northwest

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345