User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found good road = good ride, when we get on a nice stretch of new/better road the RAM is so smooth, towing or not. Gets bumpy with bad road. I do think air pressure set to load helps a lot, I run 68 front and 73 in rear. I also will change the OEM Firestone out at about 25-30,000, they wear great but seen firm/hard, will put on Michelin Defenders or good set of Cooper. I have little chucking with my B&W Patriot but think I will upgrade to the Moryde pin box. later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Just finished a 2500 mile pull over some truly awful roads and was wondering, what suspension upgrades might help improve the ride in the truck (2019 F450) pulling a 351M? I've aired all the tires for the weight on the axles (per Cat scale and tire ratings). RV has the Comfort Ride system installed, pulling with a Goosebox that's aired up correctly. On good roads, it's heaven, people always say "you don't even know it's back there" and, if you don't notice 16K 40' RV behind you, I think you probably need your DL revoked, but, on a good road, it drives very, very nicely. It's when things get rough (think, roads in the northeast) that it can be rough in the truck. Honestly, I think the ride in the RV is better than the truck (I have cameras in there, and it looks pretty stable even when the truck feels like we're going through orbital reentry). I've been looking a few options, Timbrens, airbags, Sulastic springs.. Just wondering if anyone has done any of these upgrades and has some impressions.

Thanks!
    I am in the process of researching the best suspension enhancement solution for a 2020 F-350 SRW short box diesel. Wonder if anyone has any experience with the Roadmaster Active Suspension Custom Leaf Spring Enhancement Kit. Both the e-trailer rep and the Roadmaster tech recommended that I remove the overload leaf above the axel, add a leaf to the stack and then install Roadmaster kit to the stack. They both said that I would retain payload, get load leveling similar to air bags but would have significantly improved ride both with or without a heavy load. Apparently the variable-rated coil tension automatically adjusts to the load while enhancing stability and reducing sway and body roll. No need to add airbags, they say. Sounds really good, but wondering if anyone has any experience with this setup.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The folks on the Ford Trucks Forum seem to like the Sulastic rubber shackles. They say it improves the ride a fair amount.
    https://www.sulastic.com/sa-06hddf-s...axle-sa-06hddf

Also Bilstein 5100 shocks are supposed to be a big help. I'm thinking this is going to be my next mod on the truck. The fake Rancho shocks that came with the truck are probably dead by now after 13k miles.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sad how some states and counties can't learn how to pave roads. Some roads have seams after each truckload. Ka-thud, Ka-thud, Ka-thud for miles and miles. Even on a motorcycle, it's annoying.
    I am thinking about doing the MorRyde Independent Suspension System. I figure; it will smooth out the Solitude even more and minimize the maintenance a bit. It will also get ride of the china made leaf springs and hangers. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Air bags and the heaviest duty shock absorbers you can buy.

I just run 5 lbs. pressure in my bags when I'm not towing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123