User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got a bunch of the enamel-covered metal plates and bowls from Stansport. They aren't that heavy, and they clean up very quickly. Do NOT get their cups (either the 12 oz. or 24 oz.). We got one box of each and about 1/3 were already damaged. If they drop on the floor from where a 4 year old would hold it, they become useless.

We also have a few plastic plates that we got at WalMart where they sell microwaves. They also clean up pretty good. A dishwasher would be nice, but storage is nicer. We do have a washer and dryer for clothes, but with little ones that's a must have.

If you are looking for paper plates and plastic silverware, Amazon has some deals if you use their monthly delivery. You can get 1000 pc. boxes of heavy duty tableware that are meant for catering that save a LOT of money if you go that route.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-11-2020 at 05:24 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We got a bunch of the enamel-covered metal plates and bowls from Stansport. They aren't that heavy, and they clean up very quickly. Do NOT get their cups (either the 12 oz. or 24 oz.). We got one box of each and about 1/3 were already damaged. If they drop on the floor from where a 4 year old would hold it, they become useless.

We also have a few plastic plates that we got at WalMart where they sell microwaves. They also clean up pretty good. A dishwasher would be nice, but storage is nicer. We do have a washer and dryer for clothes, but with little ones that's a must have.

If you are looking for paper plates and plastic silverware, Amazon has some deals if you use their monthly delivery. You can get 1000 pc. boxes of heavy duty tableware that are meant for catering that save a LOT of money if you go that route.
    Yeah, we are considering taking a place setting of four of our Correlle ware. We already have plastic cups and a boat ton of plastic utensils. As for the W/D... Splendide units, and they is on the must have list; not the combined unit, but the separate units. We don't want to take 4 hours to do one frickin' load of laundry!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I could, I would.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had one installed in the 310GK. We arent fulltiming anymore/yet, but it does get used. I'm sure we would be fine without it too.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    If I could, I would.
    What is the reason(s) why you would?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also installed a Bosch in our 310. My wife wouldn’t be without it , and we use it every night. Generally set it to wash after we go to bed. So quiet you need to touch it to see if it’s running. It uses less water than hand washing as well. Best I recall it weighs about 70 lbs.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markhm View Post
    So, the question I have for those of you who full-time is this:

Does a dishwasher add value to your living? If so, why? If not, why?
    I wouldn't consider for a second not having a dishwasher in our home. However in our trailer - which we've lived in for up to five months at a stretch - we've managed fine without one.

Others in the thread already mentioned enjoying the large storage space where the dishwasher would be installed, but you yourself mentioned a key reason I'm inclined against - don't want to be putting stuff into the kitchen gray tank.

Rather than use a tub we wipe all dishes into the garbage with paper towel before we wash them. After that - which we'd do even if we had a dishwasher - washing them is quick, easy, and plenty sanitary enough that we don't need a dishwasher to do it.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markhm View Post
    What is the reason(s) why you would?
    I've just got better things to do. Even if it's just reading a book or counting leaves or plucking nose hair. I hate cleaning, I do it but hate it. If I could I'd also have a maid. Lol
    There is also a big difference between weekend warriors and full timing.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I've just got better things to do. Even if it's just reading a book or counting leaves or plucking nose hair. I hate cleaning, I do it but hate it. If I could I'd also have a maid. Lol
    There is also a big difference between weekend warriors and full timing.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    lol! Okay, I can respect that! Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a weekend warrior, but I'm 99% sure I'll install one in our next rig that we are dreaming of. Wife is the $ maker, I'm the "home maker" who does all the cooking, dishes, etc. When we are out having a fun trip, I'd like to cut back on the time it takes to wash all the dishes. I don't mess around when we are out and cook some amazing meals which results in a pile of dishes. Its just 3 of us, but often have friends and family over during our trips. I'm pretty damn efficient at washing the dishes by hand, and they come out clean, but it's time I could be doing something else. Plus, the drying rack takes up a considerate amount of counter space, which our current trailer has very little of. I guess you could hand dry, but then you just added even more time. I don't view the storage under the kitchen sink as some sort of amazing storage area. Yes, I have stuff currently under there, but it all could easily find a new home else where. I just would like to transfer my home routine over to the trailer. Run the dishwasher at night, put away dishes in the morning. I'll still still have to wash the larger pots and pans by hand, but washing 2-3 things vs 20+ (counting all plates, silverware, etc) is more to my liking. Yeah, paper plates are a thing, and we relied heavily on that last weekend cause' we had a 4 might trip but no full hookups, but I really hate "one use" items. Anyhow, my opinion. In the end, it's your trailer. There is a reason why there are a gazillion floor plans and options out there in the rv world. We all view things differently and our priorities are all over the place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast