User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have the dishwasher and don't miss it. It gives us time to work together and have conversations, unlike when at home it is all my responsibility. It really doesn't take that much time. We use the space to carry two 5-gallon water bottles. It is much more important to me to have water I know I can trust when cooking and drinking. Hubby just installed a pump and faucet to make it easier to use.
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually never had a dishwasher my entire adult life. When DW became DW (uh oh! I just realized DW can mean different things &#129296 she harassed me for ten years to put one in. The way the house is built, it would have been a three month project to put one in, so I never got to it.

Fast forward through a couple RV's and the decision was made to sell the house and full time in the RV. Our Solitude came with one and not being one to pass up an opportunity like that I pointed out that she finally got a $50k dishwasher. Last winter, we did about a four week test run to learn how to live in it and when we got back I asked her how many times she used it. She said one time (which I knew because it's hard to not know these things). We decided that we could better use the space in other ways, so I took it out.

Summary: I wanted one my entire life, had one for about six months and got rid of it.

And regarding the sanitizing in a dishwasher, I think I do a better job by hand anyway unless it's a high grade commercial unit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed a 1/2 size cheap washer from amazon. It's essentially a 1 rack system that a lot of people use in apartments. Our outside fridge was huge, so we used that space and can fit the washer and a smaller fridge in same space. It quick adapts to outside sink. We are weekend campers that get 2 week+ long trips and ~5 short trips in a year. We have 3 kids and cook most of our meals so before dishes would pile up and I felt like I spent more time fooling with dishes than having fun w/ kids. I love having the washer and use every evening. We eat 90%+ meals outside, so having it outside works well for us. We try to be no waste campers, so even if we did paper plates, silverwear, cups, cookwear, and containers add up quickly.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I also installed a Bosch in our 310. My wife wouldn’t be without it , and we use it every night. Generally set it to wash after we go to bed. So quiet you need to touch it to see if it’s running. It uses less water than hand washing as well. Best I recall it weighs about 70 lbs.
    Charlie
    We do a lot of cooking while camping
    and I like your idea of a dishwasher.

Now the difficult part, where do I
    install it?
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to do a no-no and reply to an old thread. Albeit, it's a thread I started.

So, onward! We purchased the Splendide washer and dryer and had Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA, where we purchased it, install them.

On a couple of week to two week long trips before we started full-timing, they were used a couple of times.

Now that we are full-time, I wouldn't have it any other way. The on board washer and dryer is such a convenience for us. Not to have to gather everything up and hit a laundry mat is really nice. Yes, it takes several more loads to do the wash but it's been well worth it for us.

The only thing we don't like about them is that they face each other in the closet and don't face outward like on the Solitudes. We have to remove the jackets in order to slide the shirts out of the way to load or unload either one. Do, when it's time to upgrade the coach, that is the next thing on the list as a must have. Who'da thunk it? Actually, we didn't realize it until the first time we tried to use them.

So our verdict on this inappropriately named "poll" is: yes, for full-timing.

Ciao!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you replied to the wrong thread...this one started about dishwashers, not clothes washers....but I agree, having on-board laundry is excellent.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I think you replied to the wrong thread...this one started about dishwashers, not clothes washers....but I agree, having on-board laundry is excellent.
    I'm getting old, dang it! I knew I started a poll thread, but though it was the washer and dryer, not the dishwasher... Ugh. I need to actually read.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I'm getting old, dang it! I knew I started a poll thread, but though it was the washer and dryer, not the dishwasher... Ugh. I need to actually read.
    How about a new poll?

Should Mark install a DISHwasher in his rig?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    How about a new poll?

Should Mark install a DISHwasher in his rig?
    Mark IS the dishwasher! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji24]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123