Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We had a similar situation in our 2014 Reflection. I removed the panel at the back of the basement and found the heat duct was only taped on, and the tape had failed. I removed the old tape, and installed new metalized tape, and it's held well since then. Maybe your Solitude and our reflection have the same style of duct work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heat Duct.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	1318

Norcalrv1
    DM and SC
    I know exactly what your problem is. Your heating ducts are not hooked up, we had the same problem. Here is how to fix it. In the storage compartment on the sides of the coach at the front are two panels that come off. They are part of the black interior and if you go in from the door side, the panel will be on your left and goes from the floor of the storage unit up to the floor of the coach. There is one on each side. They are held in with a few screws. Take that panel off on the door side and you will see the heating ducts laying on the floor of the coach. They need to be attached and held with a few small screws. If you go in from the other side you will see them, but not be able to reach them. Attach those ducts and you will be all set.

Rod Zebb
    Fairfield, CA
    2014 337RLS
    2014 RAM 3500 turbo diesel

DMandSC
    Great point. I was actually thinking about trying that, although I still have suspicions that the vent hose may be kinked somewhere in its travel from the furnace to the bedroom. Not really sure how to determine that without taking back to the dealer and having them tear things apart. Or maybe one of those vent cleaner companies with a camera to snake through the system.

Norcalrv1
    DM and SC
    I totally understand what you are saying; totally get it. When you see the vent line you will be able to tell if it is kinked or not. Mine was just laying there and there was no evidence of a kinked line. They are not hooking the vent lines up in the factory. The easy thing to do is to hook it up and see if it works. Just take the black panel off and take a look, and you should see the vent line laying on the floor. Just hook it up by sliding the vent line onto the vent and try it. If it works, then get 4 small screws and screw it on. Been down this road. Good luck

DMandSC
    Norcalrv1,

Good Idea, dealer checked the vent itself for extra hose and there wasn't any, but haven't looked behind the panel. I hope that's all it is! Spent a lot of money on this to freeze to death in the bedroom!

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12