User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, when here about Alpena I think back when I was in the USAF for an exercise called Ridge Runner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AL and Holly
    355TH Momentum, #00811, 2014
    GMC Sierra, 3500HD, SRW, Diesel 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff - check with General RV. We bought ours from there and have had great luck with them. They are very knowledgeable and helpful about their product. Check out their used GD's. If you are on facebook, check out the GD owners group, there have been a couple up for sale on their or you could post your needs.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phansen404 View Post
    Jeff - check with General RV. We bought ours from there and have had great luck with them. They are very knowledgeable and helpful about their product. Check out their used GD's. If you are on facebook, check out the GD owners group, there have been a couple up for sale on their or you could post your needs.
    Ah yes my new mid Michigan friends. I don't do Facebook but wifey does. Again...until Judy feels comfortable leaving her part time gig helping out our local church we will not be buying.
    That said, I'm ready, retired and did I mention ready to move forward. But I should probably wait for her, right? ��
    Very familiar with the dealership you mentioned. I will stop in once the weather breaks.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Any feedback on the "lights" question I posted earlier? Curious is all on where the weight reduction comes from..

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpena Jeff--we were fortunate to find and buy our 303 from a private party. We were ready to buy a new 337 but ran across this on craigslist after looking there and on RVtrader for a few days. The transferable 1 year warranty (maybe the only one in the industry) was important to our decision and could not be happier ! RVtrader has a few GDRVs listed......check it out.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap...shouldn't have done that. I am ready to buy but momma is the string on my balloon. Over the years she has been right 97% of the time.
    RVTrader is evil!
    Waiting. I think....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing for GDRV and the 3% ! Listening to momma is always a good idea, though !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to fellow Alpena resident!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpena Jeff View Post
    My bride and I are recently retired. We live in the north of Michigan and totally enjoy the 3 seasons.
    The 4th season...not so much.
    We are new to RVing but have spent countless hours online. I'm confident that I know what we want, I think, no I'm sure.
    I dropped into Lazy Days today for about 5 hours. Yea, it's 1500 miles from home but was in the neighborHood.
    There is a 5'er in our future, I've seen the GD series online and was intrigued. When we met in person today I was ready to buy, but we are a year away.
    We prefer to purchase a lightly used so not to take the hit. Reflection has my attention and I do visit Florida a few times each year.
    Any feedback on GD support and Lazy Days for service before and after sale? I'm a retired corporate sales guy so have no tolerance for uneducated no product knowledge sales folks.
    Thanks in advance.
    Alpena is my hometown!! Welcome! We joined the Grand Design world when we traded our Cardinal 5th Wheel and Forest River R Pod for our 2015 Reflection in November. Haven't had it out, but can't wait to try. We currently live in Southeastern Lower Michigan. Welcome! We purchased our RV from General RV in Mt. Clemens.

GeoSue
    I think your decision on a Grand Design is a good one. We are very happy with our 2014 303 . As far a Lazy Days you might get a good deal on a unit but the service depart is awful ! Any minor repair will turn into days of waiting.
    We now have any service done at Tradewinds RV in Ocala Fl. Their service department is small but you get the job done correctly with personal service.
    Good Luck

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with the comments about Lazy Days service department. they are the worst I've ever dealt with. Inept work, long waits, and rude employees. However, they did have excellent sales and financing folks. I did find out that the service manager I was dealing with at the Tucson location was fired, so maybe there is hope.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geosue, I agree completely about the service at Tradewinds RV. Ours is there now getting a few small warranty items taken care of. We've bought both our campers there also, completely satisfied. Good, small, family run business.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast