Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've made our decision. I think.

My bride and I are recently retired. We live in the north of Michigan and totally enjoy the 3 seasons.
    The 4th season...not so much.
    We are new to RVing but have spent countless hours online. I'm confident that I know what we want, I think, no I'm sure.
    I dropped into Lazy Days today for about 5 hours. Yea, it's 1500 miles from home but was in the neighborHood.
    There is a 5'er in our future, I've seen the GD series online and was intrigued. When we met in person today I was ready to buy, but we are a year away.
    We prefer to purchase a lightly used so not to take the hit. Reflection has my attention and I do visit Florida a few times each year.
    Any feedback on GD support and Lazy Days for service before and after sale? I'm a retired corporate sales guy so have no tolerance for uneducated no product knowledge sales folks.
    Thanks in advance.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will not go wrong with a Reflection. We've had ours for 9 months now, and Love it!! Good luck finding a used one, They are only in their 2nd model year and I don't think too many people are willing to give theirs up yet.
    I know a couple people with not good service with LazyDays after the sale (not on Grand Design products though). I would recommend a smaller family dealer if had a choice, but you might have to take what you can get for a used unit.
    Good luck on your search and on waiting a year, we were supposed to do that too, didn't make it one month after finding Reflection. Couldn't wait. As I said Love it, and no regrets!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a used Reflection advertised on the Facebook Grand Design page. Don't know any of the details but you could check it out if interested.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply all. We do have a couple dealers in Michigan. I'm just down here for a few days visiting mom. I'll check out my local dealers down the road. Again we are a year or more out so maybe some lightly used may become available. The wife has committed to helping out at church for at least another year.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would echo Scott and Jan's perspective on our Reflection, Lazy Days (we spent a few days in their attached campground and got to talk with several unhappy campers waiting for service, including one with a Grand Design) and a preference for a smaller dealer. Although, if you are shopping used, warranty service is not a factor. If you are looking towards the used market, from Michigan, you might want to look across the border. Your dollars currently go 20% further over here .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for chiming in Rob. Are there any challenges such as duties, taxes to be aware of?
    I have been lurking on RVForun for some time now and the knowledge shared on these sites is priceless for us rookies. I hope some day I will have accumulated enough smarts to contribute.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would take some research to understand the Canada to US transition. You would essentially be "bringing it home" since the RV was built in the US so I doubt that any duties would be payable. We have a significant sales tax of 13%, but you might be able to avoid that since you would not be licensing the unit in Canada.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Jeff! I think if you read through this forum you will find that the majority of the owners here feel that the customer support we get from Grand Design is second to none. Good luck with your search for a Reflection, you will not be disappointed.

Steve

BTW, love Alpena, hate the mosquitos!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understanding the benefits of the "light" models what am I losing if anything noteworthy? Where does the weight reduction come from? It seams most if not all manufactures have a "light" series.
    We newbies appreciate you seasoned folks more than you know. Thanks for the help!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to buy my 2015 Reflection at home, however they didn't shoot me a straight deal on front end. Ended up buying 250 miies away due to the dealer hustling and changing a pending order to my specs--3 week delivery. An $8-$9K savings speaks.

My 323BHS is going to spend its life in the North Georgia Mountains with side trips to Stone Mountain, Lake Lanier Islands and possibly Disneyworld.

Whenever you decide to buy, you might want to special order your trailer to match your needs. I just suggest you pay close attention to your tow vehicle, and make sure you have more truck than you really need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast