User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water heater offline message

Just got to my camping spot in Utah from California and I’m plugged into power but my OneControl says electric water heater off-line how can I fix this?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending which water heater, there is a toggle switch on the water heater itself to allow electric mode (you have to pop off the outside panel). For OneControl, you should be able to click the electric mode and turn it on provided there is power to the water heater.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I see the switch it’s always been in the off position and it has always worked on electric mode. Now it doesn’t. Hmmm. All breakers are on and fuses are good etc. is there a fuse at the actual water heater I need to look at?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think the water heater has worked on electric mode if that switch has been off. Is it possible you also had it on gas mode too? The water heater can work on both modes at the same time.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there is sticker covering the On off switch On the heater itself as To keeo you fro toggling it. That’s come to think of it this is actually the first time I’ve camped in a campground with full hook ups we always go to the desert so I do usually use it on gas only which I am currently doing since the electric says off-line but when I’m home plugged into my short power it does give me the ability to turn on electric only heater it did it has never said off-line.That’s a come to think of it this is actually the first time I’ve camped in a campground with full hook ups we always go to the desert so I do usually use it on gas only which I am currently doing since the electric says off-line but when I’m home plugged into my short power it does give me the ability to turn on electric only heater it did it and has never said off-line until now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re telling me you go and flip that switch every time you want to use it on electric only mode? I’m pretty sure the lippert one source controller is smart that’s maybe why I think they leave it in the off Position with the tape over it? Hmm?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggluck3 View Post
    You’re telling me you go and flip that switch every time you want to use it on electric only mode? I’m pretty sure the lippert one source controller is smart that’s maybe why I think they leave it in the off Position with the tape over it? Hmm?
    No, you just need to flip the toggle switch one time, then in the future you can use OneControl to operate the water heater in electric mode. The only time I ever turn off my switch is when i drain out the water heater to winterize the camper, I turn it back on after winter and dont operate the switch again until it's time to winterize again. When I want to use electric mode I just select that on my OneControl panel.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so is your toggle switch on the heater On the on or off position?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggluck3 View Post
    Ok, so is your toggle switch on the heater On the on or off position?
    The toggle switch on my heater is on. It is only off if I drain the water heater for any reason. Running electricity on an empty water heater is bad for the element.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok all thanks for all the help. I used my multimeter and found that the rocker switch on the outside of the heater was good but there was no power at the switch. There was power at the electrical box on the heater itself where it was fed with Romex inside the rig under the sink. Also the gas mode uses power to spark the ignited so I knew there was power, just not to the electrical heating element. So I went back to thinking it was the the lippert one touch that was acting up and not telling the electric water heater to turn on. Yup correct!! I remembered that the electric water heater has Completely disappeared off of the screen. I also remembered how the lippert techs got me deep into the programming menus when I had an extra black tank showing and we deleted that. So here I go.....I went into the lippert setup menu and toggled a couple of things next to the gas water heater menu boooom electric water heater showed back up....luck or skill or both lol it’s all good now!!!! Yeweeee I mean it really wasn’t a huge deal since were in a nice campground in Zion Utah and I have full hook ups so using a little bit of propane for my water heater was not the end of the world but it was just bugging me. I really do not like the leopard one control system it lags when you press the touchscreen and things like this can happen thank God I was able to fix it now do we not only have to worry about mechanical failures we all have to worry about electrical BS in this touchscreen brain.I really do not like the leopard one control system it lags when you press the touchscreen and things like this can happen thank God I was able to fix it now do we not only have to worry about mechanical failures we also have to worry about electrical BS in this touchscreen brain. Off to drink some beers lol
    Last edited by Ggluck3; 06-14-2020 at 12:39 AM.