User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2019 2400BH Awning pulling on gutter

We have a 2019 2400BH and the awning is slowly tugging the gutter from the side of the trailer. I have tightened the screws a couple of times, being careful not to strip them out, but the problem continues to show up. Some other forums suggest there is a rivet available to help with this, but I didn't know if this was only on the reflection 5th wheels.

Anyone else out there run in to this problem? Not seeing any leaks from it ... I just don't want the gutter to rip off the side of the trailer.

Thanks for the help!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by debo1683 View Post
    We have a 2019 2400BH and the awning is slowly tugging the gutter from the side of the trailer. I have tightened the screws a couple of times, being careful not to strip them out, but the problem continues to show up. Some other forums suggest there is a rivet available to help with this, but I didn't know if this was only on the reflection 5th wheels.

Anyone else out there run in to this problem? Not seeing any leaks from it ... I just don't want the gutter to rip off the side of the trailer.

Thanks for the help!
    Haven't seen that issue on ours. Only issue I have with the gutters (both sides) is a leak at the butt joint. Thought I had it fixed, but alas the rain this weekend proved me wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help!
    Check this post out. It has the info that you are looking for or at least gives you a place to start. Remember the search tool is your friend. Found this in under a minute.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...8904#post38904

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Haven't seen that issue on ours. Only issue I have with the gutters (both sides) is a leak at the butt joint. Thought I had it fixed, but alas the rain this weekend proved me wrong.
    I ended up using eternabond tape on the gutter seams. It seems to have helped so far. It was kind of tricky to apply, but it isn't leaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Check this post out. It has the info that you are looking for or at least gives you a place to start. Remember the search tool is your friend. Found this in under a minute.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...8904#post38904

Rob
    I already searched ... looking for information that isn't 5 years old and is specific to the Imagines. Which is why I asked ...

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up using eternabond tape on the gutter seams. It seems to have helped so far. It was kind of tricky to apply, but it isn't leaking.
    Eternabond may help with leaks, but it won't fix the structural issue. I suggest you call GD Customer Service and see if they recommend using the rivets.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Eternabond may help with leaks, but it won't fix the structural issue. I suggest you call GD Customer Service and see if they recommend using the rivets.

Rob
    I didn't use it to fix the structural issue ... only to seal up the seam on the gutters where they leak. I am going to contact GD to ask them about the rivets.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already searched ... looking for information that isn't 5 years old and is specific to the Imagines. Which is why I asked ...
    Ok. Glad I could help. Post is still accurate as Second Chance also recommended calling Grand Design as per the post that I quoted and you obviously saw already too.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't use it to fix the structural issue ... only to seal up the seam on the gutters where they leak. I am going to contact GD to ask them about the rivets.
    Let us know what Grand Design says, I'm curious to know. Also, thanks for the tip on using tape to stop the gutter leak, I'll give that a shot next time we're out!
    2019 Imagine 2400bh
    2019 f150 XLT Crew, 6.5' box, 3.55 ratio