User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you have an issue. If I were in the same situation I would contact my insurance and have FlexArmor https://rvroof.com/ repair the roof.

The other product Rv Armor https://rv-armor.com/rv-armor/http:// is not the same IMO. Some on this board have installed the FlexArmor and have been very satisfied with the results.

Either way - your insurance should be your next call.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have RV Armor on the roof of our 2020 2930. After a tree mishap and working with our insurance company, we had it installed. Cost me the deductible. I'm very satisfied with RV Armor. It is much more durable and I believe it covers the openings better.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear, that was going to be my first choice. However, they are not better off than every other RV service place, would not be able to get to me until August/Sept, if I got it to Texas.

Called 4 local RV service places here in Rapid City SD, same 8+ weeks out.

RV Armor ( very good phone call, appreciated his engagement, interested and empathy ( went through a number of questions/options. ) Do to our situation, ( Full time, no option to put off addressing, months to get service appointment) referred and recommended I look at CrazySeal, as its very similar ( maybe virtually the same ?) material, but for DIY croud.

Got them on the phone Monday morning, knowledgeable pre-sales, worked through the options, and best approach, and was able to get overnighted to me ( for some $$ ) , and I'm 24 hours into the project. They have been good on the phone, good online instructions and support. Today I start working with the product, getting it on. Its like painting a car, quality job is 95% prep. I have a windows of 4 days with no rain they say, so the weather gods are taking pity on us, not too much, its 96 today! but will be 15 degrees cooler tomorrow.

I have spent last night and today cleaning and prepping, repairing the front cap hold down trim ( 1/3 of the screw under the seal had severed heads, and the 2nd trim piece is missing, so I think thats the failure point.

I'll cut all around the edge and around vents etc with their "patch" product " let it cure over night, and then tomorrow morning, roll on the first coat for a complete seal. At that point, its water tight, but I'll do a second coat Thursday morning, so should be back on the road Friday .
    Last edited by JTWILCOX; 06-16-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JTWILCOX if it's not too much trouble, please post some during and after pics whenever you get some free time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked at their website and it does look interesting.

Are you applying it directly to the OSB where the TPO came off and the rest directly over the TPO?

TPO is supposed to be superior to EDPM (rubber roof) and requires no maintenance. However, it is only as good as the installation and I was surprised to see how thin the TPO membrane is.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTWILCOX View Post
    Got them on the phone Monday morning, knowledgeable pre-sales, worked through the options, and best approach, and was able to get overnighted to me ( for some $$ ) , and I'm 24 hours into the project. They have been good on the phone, good online instructions and support. Today I start working with the product, getting it on. Its like painting a car, quality job is 95% prep.
    Sounds like you have your solution. In your situation, time was certainly not on your side. Drolaw has it right. RV FlexArmor is the bomb. https://rvroof.com/. This product is 26-27 mil (almost 1/4 inch) thick, sprayed (urethane?) product that really is virtually indestructible when applied by their select installers. Their prep is astounding. They remove all roof fixtures, replace all vent covers and fridge cover with new, and add vent covers if you did not have them. They remove antennas, solar, a/cs. Repair any water or structural damage. Prime the entire roof surface. Spray inside a/c openings, and replace seals with new. The product bonds to all Penetrating fixtures and has a lifetime leak-free TRANSFERRABLE warranty! No Calk or seal maintenance ever again! Mine is 4 years old and looks the same as day1. Insurance was happy to pay (all but deductible, of course - but that is normal). The overall cost was still thousands cheaper than a large shop quoted to replace original EPDM.(My 40 ft fiver cost $7200 to apply RV FlexArmor) Can’t say enough about RV FlexArmor. This is NOT anywhere close to RV Armor - a totally different product that I am sure others are very happy with, but it’s just nowhere near the same. Check out the web site and watch the prep and application videos. NOTHING like it.

I’m picking up a new Solitude 380FL next week, and the first time I have a roof issue - it’s going to get RV FlexArmor too!
    I would love to see GD make this an option to order from the get-go. If I had to choose between this roof and full-body paint, it would be the FlexArmor roof hands down.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    Sounds like you have your solution. In your situation, time was certainly not on your side. Drolaw has it right. RV FlexArmor is the bomb. https://rvroof.com/. This product is 26-27 mil (almost 1/4 inch) thick...
    No, sir, for clarity you missed your conversion. A quarter inch is 0.25. 26-27 mil is 0.026-0.027 inch, which is marginally thicker than TPO membrane for RV roofing.

You are very correct in the base material is two different technologies, and one actually makes their product and the other is a private label resale situation.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    No, sir, for clarity you missed your conversion. A quarter inch is 0.25. 26-27 mil is 0.026-0.027 inch, which is marginally thicker than TPO membrane for RV roofing.

You are very correct in the base material is two different technologies, and one actually makes their product and the other is a private label resale situation.
    Actually - I totally blew it! From an authorized installer site in DFW area: https://dfwrvroof.com/rv-flex-armor/. RV FlexArmor is 187 mil or 3/16 of an inch thick with a tensile strength of 3500+ psi! Just crazy strong. I really sold them short! (Actually, I should have known better. I just had 26-27 mil in my head from somewhere and cited it without checking!) Thanks for keeping me on my toes! But now we know how amazing this roof system really is!
    Last edited by Grammy&Grandad; 06-16-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my Sandpiper right after it was FlexArmored. Pretty substantial and appearance is awesome. (A lot of folks just FlexArmor over their existing skylight. We should have, but did not.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 8.12.40 PM.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	27339 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 8.13.03 PM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	27340 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0077.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	927.3 KB 
ID:	27341
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have been great, if they had a dealer anywhere close, much less available

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast