User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd owner on 2yr old trailer?? Makes me suspect that there was an issue with the roof before you got it.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    This was my Sandpiper right after it was FlexArmored. Pretty substantial and appearance is awesome. (A lot of folks just FlexArmor over their existing skylight. We should have, but did not.)

Attachment 27339 Attachment 27340 Attachment 27341
    Thanks for sharing these photos. On the 3rd photo there appears to be a gap between the roof and the FlexArmor. Does water get under there? Or is that a visual anomaly?
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    Thanks for sharing these photos. On the 3rd photo there appears to be a gap between the roof and the FlexArmor. Does water get under there? Or is that a visual anomaly?
    That was the first thing I noticed when I picked up the trailer and walked the roof. Visual anomaly. The base coat / urethane layer is grey. The white coat is a top UV reflective coat and has to be cut in by hand on the edges. The installer got as close as he could to the cap interface without bleeding over - so what you see in that pick is just a dark margin. The material can indeed lift a tiny bit from the very edges where tape was during application, but the bond with substrate is so good that water does not penetrate. I’ve been through every kind of weather with this Fiver and absolutely no sign of separation or leak. Again, no matter which outlet installs it for you, FlexArmor stands behind a transferrable lifetime leak-proof warranty.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a new GD Solitude in February (second one I’ve owned). First trip out had the exact same problem. GD is going to warranty, but it will take the dealership at least a week to repair

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week to do the job, once you get a slot. Everybody I tried, local rv shops, camping world, even the Armour guys, 8+ weeks out. So, for less than $2000, and 4 long days of work, I'm back on the road. Pictures coming. How long will it last? Longer than the GD install I would wager.

I'll keep an eye on it, but now have the flexibility to plan and schedule Flex or other.

It was so nice to be back on the road today.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I'm right on the edge of shelling out mucho dinero for a full time M399th. Horror stories like this are making me second guess my decision.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full timers, what else do we have to do 😊 it fix things. Just like living on a boat.

To your concern. If you buy new, expect the first year to be filled with warranty work. Your going to be the one finding all the things from the factory. After first 9-12 months, bliss sets in, as you now know what you are doing, and things are all working.

It's why I looked for and went with a 1 or 2 year used. It had gone through the first year fix phase with someone else, and I saved a lot so that I had $ for improvements, or fixes like this.

Then year 2, (if you full time) and the maintenance kicks in again, as these really are not built for full time use. I figure I put 6-9 months of "normal" wear every 4-8 weeks. ( think AC hours, plumbing fixtures, etc).

You just get use to having lost of things that need fixing, improving (like replacing the fuse for the leveling Jack's that is undersized).

No different than maintaining your sticks and bricks, except, and this is a big except, it's much more inconvenient when you are living full time in the thing you are fixing.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, after this my 3rd year of RV ownership, if I were to buy another one, I'd probably buy a used one at this point and mod the heck out of it. So much of the Lippert components that come from the factory are just lacking in quality.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 solitude 369rl. I had the roof replaced last year. The topcoat of the roof was basically melting. Contacted the roof manufacturers warrant company and after fighting with them and not taking no for an answer I got them to send me a check to cover 3/4 of the cost to put a new roof on. I went with RV Armor. The stripped my roof to the wood and put on their product. Zero maintenance and lifetime warranty. They came to my house to do the work. I couldn’t be happier and highly recommend their roof. Call warranty company and be a pain in their backside until you get the problem solved. It worked for me.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Boyd View Post
    2015 solitude 369rl. I had the roof replaced last year. The topcoat of the roof was basically melting. Contacted the roof manufacturers warrant company and after fighting with them and not taking no for an answer I got them to send me a check to cover 3/4 of the cost to put a new roof on. I went with RV Armor. The stripped my roof to the wood and put on their product. Zero maintenance and lifetime warranty. They came to my house to do the work. I couldn’t be happier and highly recommend their roof. Call warranty company and be a pain in their backside until you get the problem solved. It worked for me.
    Congrats! Do you know how much weight that adds? I would think at least a couple hundred pounds given the size and surface area. Just curious.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123