User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hose to toilet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Tie into it? Do you meant to install a sprayer or some other accessory that needs to pull water from that line?

You could do it the way Grand Design does it and simply use 1/2" PEX fittings. As @FT4NOW has told you that's not ideal and has led to leaks in many trailers, but it can work. You'll need the fittings and clamps plus a tool for cinching the clamps.

The issue with this approach is that the inside diameter of the soft hose is slightly larger than the inside diameter of 1/2" PEX, so when it's slid over a 1/2" PEX fitting water pressure can get in right up to the PEX clamp and begin working against that weakened portion of the soft hose. Those connections often bubble up and sometimes let go... lotta guys here have replaced all soft hose in their trailers to avoid this looming problem.

There is a Sharkbite adapter made for adapting from polybutelene to PEX but I'm told that it's hard to find in the U.S. Here it is on the Canadian Home Depot web site but I don't think you'll find it on Home Depot U.S.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sha...ter/1001012681

That adapter comes with rings for installation which require an expensive tool made for installing them, but you can use a hose clamp instead on the polybutelene side and a cinch clamp on the PEX side.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Wanted to let you know that you have hit it on the button. Recognizing that the soft hose issue ends up being an issue at some point with my new RV versus old, I purchased a few of these connectors including a cinch clamp, cinch connectors, and a few hose clamps. Also have some pex lengths and sharkbyte end plugs etecetera. Likely will never have an issue as I am prepared.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a bidet to our toilet and the shark bite fittings are perfect for your mod
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow