User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramafic View Post
    Is it just me or do these prices seem a little out of the ball park?

It seems too good to be true, would love it if it wasn't.

Anyone buy and recieve the panels above as described for the price?

Mike
    Yes, the price is very low, and you are taking a chance on buying these panels direct from China, however, I have been pleased with the electronics I have purchased direct from China in the past. And, like I said above, I would not make these a permanent part of my camper, but if I didn't have any experience with Solar panels and wanted to experiment with a Solar system, these panels would be a perfect first set for testing and learning.

By-the-way, if you think about it, I can purchase a high quality, Canadian Solar, panel for $0.50 cents per Watt at retail. These Solar panels work out to $0.33 cents per Watt, which is probably very close to the wholesale price of the Canadian Solar panels. So, in reality, because you are buying direct, and with USA Dollars, you are basically buying these panels at the Wholesale price, with free shipping included.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a link for the panels from Canada by chance? I would be keen to check that out and compare.

Not saying the product from china is bad. I would just be worried that it might be a scam given the low price.

Mike

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramafic View Post
    Do you have a link for the panels from Canada by chance? I would be keen to check that out and compare.

Not saying the product from china is bad. I would just be worried that it might be a scam given the low price.

Mike
    Here is the link to the Canadian Solar panels I mentioned, these panels are similar to the panels I installed (newer model). I am very pleased with my Canadian Solar panels and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Canadian Solar Panel link:

https://a1solarstore.com/canadian-so...lar-panel.html

PS: Canadian Solar panels are made in China, like almost all Solar panels.

PPS: on the website you can also find other panels as well.

PPPS: I would also recommend looking at Northern Arizona Wind and Solar for panels, this is where I bought my panels and they were great to work with !!!

PPPPS: if you have Solar panels shipped, BE SURE TO INSPECT THE SHIPMENT FOR DAMAGE BEFORE ACCEPTING THE SHIPMENT !! I had to reject the first shipment and if I had accepted the shipment with the damage, the Shippers Insurance would not have paid for the damage, as it was, because I rejected the shipment, replacement panels were shipped out right away.

PPPPPS: I know I might have gotten carried away with the PPPPSs !!!!
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Here is the link to the Canadian Solar panels I mentioned, these panels are similar to the panels I installed (newer model). I am very pleased with my Canadian Solar panels and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Canadian Solar Panel link:

https://a1solarstore.com/canadian-so...lar-panel.html

PS: Canadian Solar panels are made in China, like almost all Solar panels.

PPS: on the website you can also find other panels as well.

PPPS: I would also recommend looking at Northern Arizona Wind and Solar for panels, this is where I bought my panels and they were great to work with !!!

PPPPS: if you have Solar panels shipped, BE SURE TO INSPECT THE SHIPMENT FOR DAMAGE BEFORE ACCEPTING THE SHIPMENT !! I had to reject the first shipment and if I had accepted the shipment with the damage, the Shippers Insurance would not have paid for the damage, as it was, because I rejected the shipment, replacement panels were shipped out right away.

PPPPPS: I know I might have gotten carried away with the PPPPSs !!!!
    Lol, always great info. Thanks from all of us newbies

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those look like the flexible panels I purchased for my rig last year. out of the 10 I installed 6 were bad within a year. I recommend sticking with the rigid panels.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhoover View Post
    Those look like the flexible panels I purchased for my rig last year. out of the 10 I installed 6 were bad within a year. I recommend sticking with the rigid panels.
    Yes, Flexible panels have a bad reputation for reliability, that is why I Only recommended these panels for use as Ground Deployed panels and/or for use in a "Starter" Solar system. In this use case the panels should hold up for a few years because they would not be exposed to the Sun 100% of the time. These would be especially useful for Week-ender camping vs Full-time living.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much. My brother-in-law created his own adapter for the furrion plug-in for a Renogy Suitcase solar panel. I would not know how to do that, so I’m thankful you put the link to the furrion adapter. I also saw someone used 20 foot cables with the adapter, but I wasn’t sure if that was plug and play. I can find someone to help me solder, but I was wondering about those plug and play cables. Are there any somewhere? I plan on getting the Renogy 100 watt suitcase style solar panels.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I posted this on another thread but the same applies here so I just pasted it in...

This is a pretty cool deal by a reputable solar company for someone that wants to get into the solar-powered game with lithium for cheap.

It's a 400-watt portable setup with everything you need including the charge controller, a small inverter to run 120v devices, all wiring, and a baby Lion Energy lithium battery. The entire portable kit is less than $450.
    Now, I couldn't run my microwave on this, but if I had a small camper or all I needed to do was keep some phones and a laptop charged all day and maybe run a few strings of LED lights for the campfire at night, this seems like it would be a nice kit.
    You could technically plug in your outside TV or radio and this would power it all day long if you're dry camping.
    The baby lithiums are so cheap, I'd probably add another one and have a nice little setup for about $600.

400 watt portable solar kit complete with all wiring and a small lithium battery

Baby lithium battery
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this idea. Former boaters we are new to the camping thing and want to be self sufficient. I read the reviews and there were allot of bad ones. Did anyone on this site buy these? so we could have a first hand review. Thanks for all the information everyone

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those wish solar panels are too good to be true. A good brand flexible solar panel (Renogy) is slightly larger for just a 100W panel. Either that or these are some sort of miracle panel with 60% efficiency. Most panels are around 20%, the best are about 25%, in the lab and really expensive ones for spacecraft are near 30%.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast