User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    Those wish solar panels are too good to be true. A good brand flexible solar panel (Renogy) is slightly larger for just a 100W panel. Either that or these are some sort of miracle panel with 60% efficiency. Most panels are around 20%, the best are about 25%, in the lab and really expensive ones for spacecraft are near 30%.
    When you are comparing Solar Panels, it is helpful to break down the cost to $ per Watt.

Looking at the Renogy panel, the cost breaks down to; $1.89 per watt.

The Canadian Solar Panels that I installed (320 Watt)b breaks down to; $0.64 per watt.

These "Cheap" panels break down to; $0.33 per watt.

One thing to consider is that most of the Solar panels in the world are produced by China. Consequently, it makes sense that China could sell Solar panels for much less than anybody else. Additionally, by buying direct, you are able to take advantage of the favorable exchange rate.

These Solar panels will probably perform well and if they don't you aren't out very much money.

Compare purchasing these cheap Solar panels to the Renogy Flex Panels; at $190 for a single 100 watt Renogy panel, you can purchase 6 times the wattage for the same price and still have 3 times the wattage if the cheap panels only work to 50% of their stated capacity.

Based on the price of the 100 watt Renogy panel and these 600 watt cheap panels, I think the cheap panels are still worthwhile for temporary use, or as a ground deploy Solar system.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My point was that the technical specs on them were impossible--that many watts for that size of panel. They are a smaller capacity panel (likely around 100W) being misrepresented.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shellie,
    I’ve used the 100w Renogy suitcase for three seasons,and I use its included alligator clips to hook up to my batteries. I’ve been very pleased with its performance. The us it works with all types of RV batteries. One tip is to secure the panels via a screwed on eye plate and a locking cable. My brother-in-law had his stolen during the day in a full campground ⛺️

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123