User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jacks retracted when battery connected

so i went to the camper today to add some fork oil and when i connected the battery the front jacks retracted and i have no power to the control board. checked the battery and it's good. i'm unable to extend the jacks to hookup the truck. i've disconnected and reconnected the battery a few times figuring it might force a reset but nothing happening yet. any suggestions on getting electricity back to the camper and making the hydraulics work again? our unit is a 2019 385GK. thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the 12V 80A breaker? Your camper is new enough that it should have the in-line 80A breaker installed by GD. Look for your hydrualic pump and follow the large red wire back and see if it leads to a breaker that has to be manually reset. Also, have you verified your battery disconnect is in the on position(could be why there is no power to control board). Breaker should look similar to picture below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200614-115326_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	27280

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so double checked the battery connections, they were backwards. Ugh! And the disconnect is set to on. I can extend only the front jacks now. I am unable to retract. Did I fry the control board??

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chart004 View Post
    ok so double checked the battery connections, they were backwards. Ugh! And the disconnect is set to on. I can extend only the front jacks now. I am unable to retract. Did I fry the control board??
    Not sure if you're on shore power or not, but if the battery gets hooked up backwards it will usually blow the fuses on the back of the converter. The converter is located behind the false wall in the basement. Hopefully you didn't fry anything. I would check for any other fuses, there are some random ones behind that false wall (not sure if Solitudes have the OneControl system, but if so, behind that false wall has all of the modules and associated fuses), also might be some in the very front compartment where the hydrualic pump is installed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like the control block that directs the hydraulic pump isn't working properly OR the controller isn't sending the proper signal. I checked voltage and saw a spike when jacking up but not during retract. I'll check the fuses when I get back but not sure if that's the issue. The 80amp fuse is sealed and doesn't have a reset button; maybe its an automatic reset?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chart004 View Post
    The 80amp fuse is sealed and doesn't have a reset button; maybe its an automatic reset?
    Yes, very likely, GD has used a lot of those.

Since you can extend the front jacks the breaker is passing power. I don't know if that means it's still a good breaker - if it will open when it should - so maybe someone who does know will jump in.

Below is the company that sells the system; maybe their web site or customer service can help you figure out what you need to do. They sell a few different systems, so try to carefully identify yours before you start with them.

https://www.lci1.com/

Not fun, sorry it happened to you. Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-16-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    turns out the 12v motor relay needed to be replaced. GD worked it out under warranty.