Quote Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Just updating this with what I ultimately ended up doing. I think this is about as simple as it gets while still powering the whole trailer (although obviously you can't run everything with this small setup) and also being completely standalone so we can remove it at any time and move it into another rig. I kept the stock lead acid where it is with the stock converter. I made a small box and mounted the batteries and new inverter/converter to it. Ran the AC output over to the water panel area where I run an extension cord out of the passthrough opening to an adapter plugged into the standard 50 amp on the rig. I mounted the switch to turn the inverter on and off there on the water panel also so this provides power to everything in the rig. On the other side I have an AC in line which I just connect to the outlet inside the passthrough when on shore power to recharge the lithiums.

When running off the lithiums I can turn off the stock converter at the breaker and let the stock lead acid battery power the 12v items, however I find if the stock battery is charged leaving the inverter on doesn't draw too much power. My next step is to get some adapters to remotely turn on and off some outlets for things like the recliners, the AC in for new converter and the outside fridge. Just makes it slightly easier than turning off the breakers. I think this will work well for our use case of just an overnight or two at a rest stop.

Your last sentence says everything we need to know about your system...

Your use case is powering up your rig for overnight stays. You have designed a system that fits your needs well. You have not over designed the system for two weeks of off-grid living that you would never want to do. I think some people over design their systems because they "might" boondock for two weeks, but they never will. You have simplified your installation to fit your needs. There is a very good lesson here.