User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have missed it in all of the great posts but what should the turn on temp be set at? I have mine on an on/off T stat so I can set it to what I want, curious as to the optimal set point.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can set the two 140mm fans up the same way as the two fan 120mm Titans.

Here's my movable louver vent. I found a much cheaper version on Amazon for $9 except I got the wrong version in brown. I didn't realize the vent covers were actually black. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the back of the vent:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fan Vent 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	29069

I cut that flange off so that it can sit flush against the back of the exterior vent.

Name:	Fan Vent 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	29070

Here it is with the Noctua fan about to be bolted to the louver vent. I used 5mm bolts.

Name:	Fan Vent 3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	29071

Quote Originally Posted by C&G+Max View Post
    I am curious if anyone has used 120 mm Titan fan rack along with the 4 inch famco solid louver vent. Post # 46 (TheLexx) used separate fans and the movable louver vent. If someone used the solid vent, did you cut off the 4 inch diameter sleeve on the back of the vent? Or did you just cut a 4 inch hole in the dometic upper vent (2019 337RLS WITH THE 1350 12 cu. double door fridge) and slide the sleeve in? I hope to avoid this by cutting back the baffle a bit ( or taking it out and using Reflectix foil as a baffle, which would let me mold the baffle around the Titan rack). I may slide the Refectix All the way down along the Interior wall to the top of the lower vent: I think this will help force air into the finns ( and add a bit of insulation when the sun is hitting the outside wall)
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fridge Vent Fan - With a Twist!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    You can set the two 140mm fans up the same way as the two fan 120mm Titans.

Here's my movable louver vent...
    I was looking at a similar setup using brown dryer vents from Home Depot.

Do you have any (exterior) pics of the finished product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. I screwed up the cuts on the exterior vents. I tried to have them separated by about a couple of inches leaving some of the vent material in-between. BIG mistake. Don't do this. That middle section promptly fractured off because the vent holes are just softish plastic and easily fractured. I was lucky enough to find some vent covers for sale on eBay for $27 each so I got a couple of them, one extra as a spare. I'll be recutting it with my jigsaw. This time I'll mount both vent covers right next to each other without leaving a middle section of vent cover. I'll post up the pics when I get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I was looking at a similar setup using brown dryer vents from Home Depot.

Do you have any (exterior) pics of the finished product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried and made sure the Noctua fan has enough cfm to blow open the flaps on the vent? Look forward to seeing your final pics.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Have you tried and made sure the Noctua fan has enough cfm to blow open the flaps on the vent? Look forward to seeing your final pics.
    Not yet. These are Noctua's most powerful fans. And they're the largest ones at 140mm. Hopefully they really blow!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please keep the updates/pics coming with fridge fan mods. I have a 2018 reflection 28 bh also and this is the next project I would like to take on.
    Charlie and Sandy
    2018 28 BH Reflection
    2022 Ram Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins, pullrite superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Not yet. I screwed up the cuts on the exterior vents. I tried to have them separated by about a couple of inches leaving some of the vent material in-between. BIG mistake. Don't do this. That middle section promptly fractured off because the vent holes are just softish plastic and easily fractured. I was lucky enough to find some vent covers for sale on eBay for $27 each so I got a couple of them, one extra as a spare. I'll be recutting it with my jigsaw. This time I'll mount both vent covers right next to each other without leaving a middle section of vent cover. I'll post up the pics when I get it done.
    Thx for the info Lexx. I too look forward to the pics!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I may have missed it in all of the great posts but what should the turn on temp be set at? I have mine on an on/off T stat so I can set it to what I want, curious as to the optimal set point.
    Cahriad, it does not look like anyone answered your question. I don't pretend to know the answer, but I remember reading somewhere that they set the temps around 115F.

I just turn the fans on and leave them. On our last trip it ran for 28 days; 24/7. On hotter days I would turn the speed to full power. Cooler days I would set it at half speed. Hope that helps...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    My unit has 4 fans mounted under the top "radiator fins" at the top of the refrig. I am trying to decide if replacement of the four fans with Titan brand 92mm fans would result in improved cooling. The Titan fans I would need to use have a rating of 54.8CFM with 0.27Amp draw. Unfortunately, I have not been able to compare that spec. with the existing OEM fans which are ADDA Corp. AD0912UB-A71GP fans. These fans were discontinued several years ago and I have not been able to find any spec sheets for them.
    If anyone has a clue what the CFM rating on the ADDA fans are, I sure would appreciate having the information.

Just for info, my refrig/freezer can barely hold 38 degrees F refrig / 22 degrees F freezer when ambient temp is 85 degrees F. It needs some help !!
    Brand: ADDA

modelAD0912UB-A71GP

Double ball bearing

Voltage: 12V

Current: 0.46A

Speed: 5000 + 10%

Noise: 34.0dBA

Volume: 70CFM

I also have this fan and am trying to find a similar fan in size to this, but an upgraded one to add to the top under the fins with the current one.
    Last edited by chrisopy; 08-31-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast