User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered this fan but there is no way it will mount at the top as it is suppose to! The baffle is in the way and even with it removed the fins and factory fans will be in the way! Also, I have no access to the wires on the factory fans! The wires on factory fan go into a conduit at the top with two heavy guage wires but do not come out the bottom of the conduit? I guess they are connected somewhere half way down the fridge where I have no access without pulling the unit! If these fans are not working mounted on the bottom, I will just have to send mine back because it is worthless! I thought this would be a great idea instead of having to do so many mods with the other fans but guess not on my unit or most of the GD units as it sounds!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty rare to have a custom modification work right out of the box with no tweaking. Some do, like the backup camera I mounted, but most of the stuff has to be fiddled with to make it work.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I got it installed this afternoon. I was going to install it in the top vent but it wouldn’t fit. Not enough room between the vent and the fins or baffle so I installed it in the bottom vent. It was a pretty straightforward installation. The longest part was fishing the wires to the interior where I wanted to mount the controller. Turned the fridge on and turned the fan on. We will see how fast it cools down. It is much cooler here than it was a week ago so it migrant be hard to tell how much difference it makes.

These things aren’t perfect but I figure anything that helps circulate the air has to help.

I am still thinking of installing some sort of fans in the top vent.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got my fan installed. Here is my project and what all I did - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...218#post494218
    Last edited by Timmer; 08-15-2023 at 05:29 AM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Well I got my fan installed. Here is my project and what all I did - https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...218#post494218
    Guess my fan will be going back! Don't know who designed this but it needs some redesigning! My Reflection 300RBTS must be made totally different than your 312? This fan will not fit top or bottom! I looked at doing it like yours, but my fins are lower so I would have to cut out more of the baffle and even then, there is a bracket that holds the fins in place that prevents me from gaining more than an inch if cut out! This fan will only recess into my outer vent about an inch, and sticks out about an inch and a half! My outer vent is within about an inch of my cooling fins, it is almost against my baffle when closed! On the bottom there is a coolant line almost in the middle of the opening that prevents me from mounting on the bottom! Likes about a half inch having clearance on bottom! Really not sure I have room to mount any kind of fan on mine? There is just no clearance anywhere with the outer vents almost touching the inner works!
    2021 300RBTS Reflection
    2024 GMC Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    Well, I got it installed this afternoon. I was going to install it in the top vent but it wouldn’t fit. Not enough room between the vent and the fins or baffle so I installed it in the bottom vent. It was a pretty straightforward installation. The longest part was fishing the wires to the interior where I wanted to mount the controller. Turned the fridge on and turned the fan on. We will see how fast it cools down. It is much cooler here than it was a week ago so it migrant be hard to tell how much difference it makes.

These things aren’t perfect but I figure anything that helps circulate the air has to help.

I am still thinking of installing some sort of fans in the top vent.

Mark

Update: We we’re camping in SD over Labor Day weekend. Temps of 99, 100, and 103. Very hot and sunny, no clouds. The kitchen side of our camper was facing to the SW so the afternoon sun was beating on the refrigerator. With the fan running the entire time the fridge maintained 33 -34 degrees. It went up to 35 once when we were preparing dinner but cooled off pretty quick. I was happy with the temps the fridge held. Previous to the fan installation, the fridge would have been at 40 degrees or higher.

I must add that it was windy so there may have been increased airflow from that as well. The humidity was also low so I am sure that helped too. Even through it was a dry heat, it was still hot!

Overall I was happy with the improved performance of the refrigerator after the fan install.

I think I may still add another fan on the top as @Timmer did. I will also have to notch the baffle.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    Update: We we’re camping in SD over Labor Day weekend. Temps of 99, 100, and 103. Very hot and sunny, no clouds. The kitchen side of our camper was facing to the SW so the afternoon sun was beating on the refrigerator. With the fan running the entire time the fridge maintained 33 -34 degrees. It went up to 35 once when we were preparing dinner but cooled off pretty quick. I was happy with the temps the fridge held. Previous to the fan installation, the fridge would have been at 40 degrees or higher.

I must add that it was windy so there may have been increased airflow from that as well. The humidity was also low so I am sure that helped too. Even through it was a dry heat, it was still hot!

Overall I was happy with the improved performance of the refrigerator after the fan install.

I think I may still add another fan on the top as @Timmer did. I will also have to notch the baffle.

Mark
    Those are impressive results Mark!

Thanks for posting an update.

Boomer

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223