User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    APIINC
    Well all the response, makes me feel warm and cozy about GD, at least it looks like they are on the customers side, "what ever it takes, make the customer happy". Like I said, I will just cringe when I go buy it. Seems like there are other options out there for service. Just clear it with GD first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had both good and bad experiences with MT. We had an Outback TT and the sales part was great. Felt we got a real good deal but the walk through was a joke and I felt like I knew much more about the unit. This past May we traded it in for our 1st 5th wheel, a Solitude 305RE. We bought the rig in Sante Fe Springs. The sales rep was excellent. We picked up the unit and I was very apprehensive because I knew nothing about a 5 th wheel. I have to say the gentleman that did our walk thorough was extremely detailed and knowledgeable and answered all our questions. Now for the warranty work. On a trip in July we blew a hydraulic hose. We live closer to the Colton store so that is where we went. I towed it directly to service center on a Saturday fearing the worse (no appointment). After about an hour wait one of the service Managers walked the job with us and even asked to give him any other warranty issues. We had a handful but nothing major. The service manager even pointed out a piece of trim that was missing. I too had read the bad reviews but I have to say---they stepped up and got all the items completed with the exception of one small decorator item. It was a minor fix but when they received the part from GD they mailed it directly to my house. If there was any complaint on my part it was how long it took. Maybe 6 weeks. But that was my mistake cause I told them my next trip was 7 weeks away!! So far with our Solitude I have to give MT a passing grade. AND believe me---I went in there expecting a lot worse. Side note—as with most here—I had some items that I had contacted JD about and he was on it!!! Love our 305 and love the GD customer service and so far MT has been better than I had expected.
    Gary and Jo
    Corona Ca
    2014 Solitude 305RE (Odyssey)
    2014 Ford F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 - 6.7 Diesel (Apollo)

Norcalrv1
    I will say that we really like the floor plan; it is very workable. We put a mattress from Overstock.com on the bed like we had done with our trailer and now have a very comfortable bed. And I will give them credit for paying for the warranty service that we have had done when we were on the road. So, I guess ya have to decide how you want to proceed. Every major purchase is a gamble. Best of luck to you.
    Rod Zebb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where in so. Cal. You live but we bought our Reflection 303 from Trailer Hitches in Nipomo. We had the best sales and service experience. We picked up our unit January 2014 and our PDI went very good and we had no issues. Great outfit check them out.
    Horst, Marlene & Jack, Turlock-CA.
    Reflection 303RLS,
    01 Chevy 3500, 6.0L gas, DRW, 4:10 Gears.
    One big giant (140lbs) chocolate lab Jack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12