User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    APIINC

I don't understand

So, here I am in Southern Cal looking at fifth wheels, I decided that the 325X is a good fit for us, the only dealer that carries this line is Mike Thompson RV. They have a 2 star review for all four of their facilities. They are one of the worst in sales and service, so why in the world would Grand Design go with a company like this, to represent such a fine 5 wheel. I put a hold on pulling the trigger on this unit, just for this reason. If you don't feel cozy with the people your buying from, don't buy it. To bad, this unit seems like it's really put together, just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. We bought our new Reflection there and while I felt we got a good deal on the unit, their dealings after the sale are far short of impressive. I feel i can say this fairly because we bought our last 5th wheel from them also. You might wonder why we would go back but it's the closest Grand Design dealer to us too. You might consider a longer drive up to The Hitching Post. I think they are in Nipomo, which is south of Pismo Beach. I don't know anything about them but it's our only other alternative I think.

Again and to be clear, we knew what we wanted and what we wanted to pay and they came through on that. The delivery and walk through process was lousy and service there is scary for me. I had to have them work on my last trailer and already on this unit and I honestly don't have faith or trust. I was actually going to write GD about this and may still but they still have some things to do on our unit so I'm hesitant until the work is done.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

APIINC
    To bad Grand Design can't use a private company for there warranty work. Temecula RV great people and very fair pricing for non warranty issues. I'll probably end up buying the unit, I just cringe when I have to deal with MTR.

Norcalrv1
    The dealership that we used was terrible also. The salesperson was great, the dealership was an atrocity. I will never buy from then again. I told my wife when we left the dealership that we were on our own, and I was right. The walk thru was a disaster. They didn't know anything. We have travelled many miles with this reflection 337 rls and had a number of significant problems. So I have called local mobile rv repair people who came to our campsite and did the repairs that I could not do. Then I send the receipt to Grand Design with a note and they have sent me checks. I have done many of the repairs myself. I think that is your answer.

Rod Zebb
    Fairfield, CA.
    2014 337 rls
    2014 RAM 3500 turbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We bought our Solitude 369RL from Mike Thompson RV last February and we knew what to expect because we purchased a Montana 3400RL from them 10 years ago. Our salesman was great but when we went back to pick up 'Tudee' we discovered he had been fired and they refused to tell us why. That was very strange.

After sale help was non-existent. We exchanged the microwave oven for a convection microwave but never received the operating manual. Finally had to call the manufacturer to get one. I hate to think what would happen if we had to use Mike Thompson to service 'Tudee'. Because we live more that 100 miles from MTRV Grand Design allowed us to use a local company for warranty work.
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

nguyenbio
    We live in So. Cal. also but purchased our 303 in Colorado. I knew servicing would be somewhat complicated since there are really only two dealers here in the area. Well, it finally came time for some warranty work such as leaking wheel bearings, torn weather stripping, replacement of some Eternabond that came up, and also wanting to add a second AC to the bedroom.

Decided to go onto GDs website and do a dealer search of the area. Good thing because I found RV Supply in Hesperia. They are now a factory authorized repair center for GD. Located only 30 mins from me, I decided to give them a try. I'm a firm believer that a dealer that sells RVs and services them, would only be interested in selling the units. Therefore, an RV service center that only deals with service and repair would be geared towards pleasing their customer in that very same fashion.

I dropped her off a couple weeks ago and have been given calls periodically as the repair work gradually gets approved by JD at GD. It's taking some time since they have to wait for parts from GD. I have been thoroughly impressed with their communication and I'm confident that the repairs would be the same.
    If you decide to give them a call, ask for Nathaniel. Tell them Joe with the GD 303 sent you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, this seems to be the "norm" for Mike Thompson. A "friend of a friend" worked in the service department, and he would tell us horror stories of what other techs would do. Living, in Orange County, I'm pretty much stuck with going with Mike Thompson. My uncles in on his 3rd trailer from them, and they seem to take care of him with his issues. I guess it's a crapshoot when it comes to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JD with Grand Design told me that if you prefer a different dealer that is closer to you to do the work, let him know and he will work with that dealership to get your work done. You don't have to go back to where you bought it at. Just call JD @ 574-825-9679. He is a pleasure to talk to and he can explain better on how they will work with the dealer of your choice.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good news!

Norcalrv1
    The after sales service seems to be a common problem. At least you got your unit fixed. I am going to go to a local repair facility and have my oven propane leak fixed and I am sure that Grand Design will reimburse me. I have had all of my work performed by local people so far and have been reimbursed. I don't think that you can ask for more than that. Our dealer wants an appointment to take the unit in (there aren't any available) then it must sit on their lot for 14 days in the hood and then maybe they will look at it. Can't take in the day of service or the day before, "We don't operate that way-not our policy." I got this answer after about 5 contacts to them.

At least we are getting stuff fixed.
    Rod Zebb
    Fairfield, CA
    2014 Reflection 337 rls
    2014 RAM 3500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast