User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2450RL AC in bedroom

Went camping yesterday, 100+ degrees in Las Vegas. Any recommendations to get more AC into the front bedroom? Has anyone added a second AC unit to the 2450RL? Not sure my 30A system will accommodate an additional AC unit...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also own a 2450RL. I am looking forward to responses.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way to do it is to run a separate power source for the second AC. Get the wire down to the belly and route a 20A line to the area near the shore power plug.

From there, you’ll need creativity. And over current protection devices! You can replace your 30A port with a 50A port (And the cord) and feed one leg to the existing power system and one to the new one. You can wire a splitter to separate the lines at the pedestal. You can even run the second AC from a generator.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need 50 amp wiring in your camper to add another a/c unit.

Can you slightly close down some of the other ducts over night? Don't totally close them, just half way maybe?

Are you running you a/c all day or do you fire it up in the evening or late afternoon? If so, I would suggest turning the a/c on as early as possible, drawing all the blinds and definitely have the awning out if it's not too windy.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesnlaurie View Post
    Went camping yesterday, 100+ degrees in Las Vegas. Any recommendations to get more AC into the front bedroom? Has anyone added a second AC unit to the 2450RL? Not sure my 30A system will accommodate an additional AC unit...
    I have found A/C vents that close and plan to close the LR vents, forcing more A/C to the bedroom.
    How warm did the bedroom get?
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    The easiest way to do it is to run a separate power source for the second AC. Get the wire down to the belly and route a 20A line to the area near the shore power plug.

From there, you’ll need creativity. And over current protection devices! You can replace your 30A port with a 50A port (And the cord) and feed one leg to the existing power system and one to the new one. You can wire a splitter to separate the lines at the pedestal. You can even run the second AC from a generator.
    As JK suggested, I ran a separate 20A circuit in my old 30A passport. Here is the video I used as guidance.

https://youtu.be/G_BlVOSQAZY

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesnlaurie View Post
    Exactly why we got a second AC for our rig - we were going to be in Vegas in July that first summer.

You can't run 2 ACs with 30 amps, but you could switch off which one you use, one at a time.

Be aware that RV ACs will only cool to about 20 degrees less than the outside temperature.

How about leaving all the vents wide open and use a fan to push the air into the bedroom?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We closed the aft vent on the AC unit, pointed all the vents towards the bedroom and added a fan in the bedroom. Seems to help a bit. We see RVs in the campsite here with all the windows covered with sun shades. We put a few on our big windows and it works really good. We are getting more to cover all the windows during the daytime heat. We will be adding 3M ceramic IR film soon, the same type we added to our truck ( Living in Las Vegas IR/UV window tint is a must!) And that should help alot.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll keep you posted on the sun shades and window tint...also, left AC on all day, shades down, fan on...evening was 98 outside, bedroom was 74...slept great!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had planned to use this in our 230RL https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters...2435341&sr=8-3 this adapter splits the 240 volts of the 50 amp circuit into 2 120 volt circuits.... thus allowing you to run a separate 30 amp circuit, with a breaker, for the bedroom air.... However so far we have only camped in the low 90's and windows covered with reflective insulation have been doing alright... The biggest offender was the skylight in the bathroom.. I removed the inner pane and taped reflective insulation to it and reinstalled... seemed to help a lot
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast