User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I guess my A/C is functioning as intended. I couldn't imagine that behavior was normal, but apparently it is. I just have to learn the best way to live with it. It's been set at 70 and running constantly. No cycling. It's seems pretty cool in here so I turned it off. Then checked and it said it was 78. That doesn't seem right, but maybe it's me. After 20 minutes, my wife said "It's hot in here!" So it's back on. I think we'll just keep it running while we're in or near it. Turn if off while we're gone and maybe at night if it's cool enough.
    Thanks again.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surfintom View Post
    Thanks all. I guess my A/C is functioning as intended. I couldn't imagine that behavior was normal, but apparently it is. I just have to learn the best way to live with it. It's been set at 70 and running constantly. No cycling. It's seems pretty cool in here so I turned it off. Then checked and it said it was 78. That doesn't seem right, but maybe it's me. After 20 minutes, my wife said "It's hot in here!" So it's back on. I think we'll just keep it running while we're in or near it. Turn if off while we're gone and maybe at night if it's cool enough.
    Thanks again.
    One of the reasons we added the 2d AC was so that we could run the one in the bedroom when we're in the living room, and vice versa. It's much quieter that way. Makes it much easier to watch TV and talk.

We usually set the one in the bedroom about 20 degrees cooler than the one in the living room, so it keeps running.

Oh, and BTW, RV AC units will typically only lower the temperature about 20 degrees from outside temperature.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 06-16-2020 at 06:02 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking to you as an HVAC professional, if your A/C unit is running steady with the thermostat on fan lo at 90-95 deg you are in the sweet spot. A long running fan and compressor unit is more efficient and will wear longer than one that starts and stops constantly. What is probably going on, the fan is running recirculating air with the compressor coming on as needed to cool. Because the fan motor is shared for both the evaporator and condenser it seems like the whole unit is running. That is a quirk of these compact roof top units. Running this way you'll find it more even and comfortable as the humidity will be better regulated.
    BTW it cycles on auto because it's doing what it's told. You set the t-stat for 80 and when it's above set point it runs the whole unit. The t-stat tells it it's satisfied at 80 and shuts the unit down.
    One more thing....If there are any vents blowing or exhausting at or near the thermostat it will cause it to cycle more frequently. I have one near my steps which is where the t-stat is. I keep that register closed so that it stifles air blowing onto the t-stat.
    All that being said after I let it roll in the back of my skull for a bit I think you should check the control wires at the thermostat terminals and the A/C unit. They are color coded and need to be wired correctly. What you are describing sounds a bit off like the unit is receiving the wrong command.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-18-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Speaking to you as an HVAC professional,....
    All that being said after I let it roll in the back of my skull for a bit I think you should check the control wires at the thermostat terminals and the A/C unit. They are color coded and need to be wired correctly. What you are describing sounds a bit off like the unit is receiving the wrong command.
    I think it's fine. We're in Austin TX with one A/C and it's keeping the whole rig cool. I set the fan on low so it keeps running. I also keep the vent on the bottom of the unit closed so there's enough pressure to get cool air to the bedroom. The compressor turns on and off as needed. It's a bit loud in the evening - makes watching TV hard, but that's not the end of the world.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12