Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safe Places to Camp along the Gulf Coast

Hello everyone,

We have been taking social distancing very seriously since my fiance had heart surgery in mid-March. We buy all of our food online so we haven't even gone to the grocery store in months. We have taken a few vacations and have been able to completely avoid being around other people. We stayed in Barataria Reserve near Galveston for a week at Blue Water RV Resort. We had a spot with an individual pier so we were able to crab and fish by ourselves. We caught about 2 dozen crabs and a few fish. They also allow you to drive on the beach so you can drive further and get a nice secluded spot.

We also stayed in Gulfport at Gulf Beach RV Resort. I paid extra to get a spot right next to the pool so I could see it from the window, and I would let the kids go in it whenever it was empty (morning and late evening during the weekdays). It's right across the street from the beach and also not nearly as crowded as Biloxi.

Does anyone know of other spots that are pretty isolated? I teach online, so we are flexible and can go during weekdays when everything is less crowded. We are looking for beaches or pretty lakes within a 4-5 hour drive of New Orleans. We like sand, fishing, hiking, waterfalls and crabbing. I love museums and historical sites, but those are a no-go right now due to the fact that Covid is spiking again. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try staying in state parks they have a little more space. Buccaneer State Park. Little Black Creek and Paul B Johnson are a few that might meet your needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer