Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd A/C IN BEDROOM

I have used the search function and haven’t found much info on which model people have been installing in the bedroom. We have a 2020 29rs reflection. Any info would be appreciated.
    2019 f250 4x4 short bed 6.7
    2020 reflection 29rs

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareform View Post
    I have used the search function and haven’t found much info on which model people have been installing in the bedroom. We have a 2020 29rs reflection. Any info would be appreciated.
    We put in a Dometic Penguin II. 15000BTU. It was supposed to be a 13500, but they sent the 15000 instead. My husband and son installed it. Took about 3 hours. The hardest part was getting it up on the roof.

The problem is there are many different model numbers for this AC unit, depending on thermostat, ducted or non-ducted, etc. I can't tell you exactly which model we got because the paperwork is in the rig and not here.

We bought it from PPL Motor Homes in Texas. And had it sent to our house.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AC unit is mostly likely a Coleman Mach. There are two types, one that vents only into the bedroom, and one that is connected into the racetrack duct system that serves the entire trailer. You should be installing the one that serves the entire trailer.

Some folks have self-installed, but it's a lot of work, with the hardest part just getting the thing up on the roof.

You can buy the unit online. Just do a search for Coleman Mach. They should be able to sell you the thermostat controller as well.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    The AC unit is mostly likely a Coleman Mach. There are two types, one that vents only into the bedroom, and one that is connected into the racetrack duct system that serves the entire trailer. You should be installing the one that serves the entire trailer.

Some folks have self-installed, but it's a lot of work, with the hardest part just getting the thing up on the roof.

You can buy the unit online. Just do a search for Coleman Mach. They should be able to sell you the thermostat controller as well.
    That's what I have in the bedroom of my 2020 Reflection 315rlts. 15k btu Colman Mach.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual I waited until the last minute before we left for Las Vegas in the 113 degree weather. The only unit I could purchase locally was a domestic 13.5. The install was very easy and the RV was able to kept in the low 80s in the day and would cycle at night at 74. Thank you everyone for there input.
    2019 f250 4x4 short bed 6.7
    2020 reflection 29rs

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareform View Post
    As usual I waited until the last minute before we left for Las Vegas in the 113 degree weather. The only unit I could purchase locally was a domestic 13.5. The install was very easy and the RV was able to kept in the low 80s in the day and would cycle at night at 74. Thank you everyone for there input.
    Good to know! If you look at the threads on AC modifications, you can increase the performance of the ac system by modifying the cold air vent in the ac unit. It’s a copy of what RV air sells. Also I would pull down all the vent covers and make sure the vents are well sealed with foil tape. Many of my vents were not, allowing the cooled air to escape into the space between the vent and the luan. You should be able to get the temps in the trailer down into the mid-70’s after the mods.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh