User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Happijac Bed Bench / Combo Problems 2019 Momentum 328M

Why would the bench portion on one side only fall down toward the floor from its upper position and the other side bench remains in the up position?
    The bed is pined at the upper position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, found my problem. The Happijac crossover shaft has a set screw that wasn't tight and ready to fall out. So the crossover shaft did fall out allowing the bench on the other side to fall freely to the floor. No one was hurt this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder2019 View Post
    Sorry, found my problem. The Happijac crossover shaft has a set screw that wasn't tight and ready to fall out. So the crossover shaft did fall out allowing the bench on the other side to fall freely to the floor. No one was hurt this time.
    Hello, just bought a used 2019 351M and think we have the same exact problem! While the owner was doing a demo of the Happijac system, there was a loud "pop" and one side of the bench seats immediately came crashing back to the floor. I didn't let it deter the sale and have been looking for info for a fix. I literally just happened across your post and was wondering if my description fits your dilemma. We were doing our first full wash/detail of the RV yesterday and I found a long steel tube lying on the garage floor with what looks like some type of loose hex nut pin in one end of it. Could this be the shaft you mentioned that just needs to be set back into place with the set screw? I'm literally learning as I go here and have no experience, and I have also emailed LCI looking for help, thank you.

-Tony