Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedroom Reading Lights quit working

Hello,

On our latest trip (2nd trip since purchase in April), I went to turn on one of the bedroom reading lights (over our pillows) and it would not turn on. I checked the second light and it was out as well. All other lights in the coach work fine. I checked the breakers and none were tripped. I also had a cursory look at the fuses and couldn't see any fuse that looked bad. I haven't removed the bulbs yet. Is it possible that one of the LED lights went out and caused the other one to go out as well?

Thanks,

Greg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbainter View Post
    Hello,

On our latest trip (2nd trip since purchase in April), I went to turn on one of the bedroom reading lights (over our pillows) and it would not turn on. I checked the second light and it was out as well. All other lights in the coach work fine. I checked the breakers and none were tripped. I also had a cursory look at the fuses and couldn't see any fuse that looked bad. I haven't removed the bulbs yet. Is it possible that one of the LED lights went out and caused the other one to go out as well?

Thanks,

Greg
    Wires under bed might be the problem
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post242294
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks,

Greg
    Sometimes it’s tough to spot a bad fuse by looking at it, best to put an ohm meter on it to be sure.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, this is helpful

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg you don't mention which trailer you have but if it's a fifth wheel with bedroom slide here's another post talking about the way those lights get their power in many GD trailers.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post285861

It's possible that something has happened to the wiring - it moves and bends as the slide is operated and there are reports of it getting pinched or stretched.

Pinching and stretching might break the wire, or it might just cause it to blow a fuse. It would be nice if all fuses were located in the fuse panel but unfortunately it's not the case in GD trailers - inline fuses are hidden all over the place in the trailer. So if the post above seems similar to your situation, then trace that wire down through the floor and into the front compartment, where you will find a fuse on it. Check the fuse as @Bungy suggested, but if it's blown check the wiring carefully before just slapping in another fuse because something made it blow. Maybe that wiring, or possibly one of the light fixtures which have occasionally been reported as problems.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. This gives me some great information to troubleshoot.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 367 BHS blue lights under master bedroom slide stopped working, then the two reading light above the bed in the slide stopped. Issue, I had to remove the plywood floor under the bed and found that the wires had been stripped from the wire nuts. The slide moves over them when moving in and out. I can send pics if you like.