User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    This is when i found out i was getting 8k axles and disc brakes and that the tire upgrade was part of this package I believe I paid $3500 for all that, so i called my salesman again and asked if they were going to double charge me for the tires and they took off the charge from their end, and since my 395m is in transit and i wont take possession for the next couple of days I really wont know what I got till i look at it, but on paper I should have 8k w/disc brake and tire upgrade.
    Now I'm really concerned... that my local dealer is ripping me off! They're saying they're giving me the 8k disc setup for around $4.9k, and the H tires are priced separately at around another $1k.

With that said, we don't have a final worksheet yet, so the numbers aren't final. The worksheet will have a separate price for each option when done, so I can delete at will. Still, my BS antennae are throbbing. Unfortunately, they're the only GD dealer within 100 miles.

Any idea of the weight rating of the stock pin box?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    Now I'm really concerned... that my local dealer is ripping me off! They're saying they're giving me the 8k disc setup for around $4.9k, and the H tires are priced separately at around another $1k.

With that said, we don't have a final worksheet yet, so the numbers aren't final. The worksheet will have a separate price for each option when done, so I can delete at will. Still, my BS antennae are throbbing. Unfortunately, they're the only GD dealer within 100 miles.

Any idea of the weight rating of the stock pin box?
    It sounds like there was a screwup with RockDaddys order, and the Dealer is eating the cost.
    I know there was some confusion on the Momentums. On the Solitudes thay offer a disc brake option on the 7K axles, or the 8K, disc brake, H tires as another option. When I was inquiring about this on my Momentum order, I was told that disc brakes were only availible with the 8K / H tires option... Probably because the Momentums weigh a lot more than the Solitudes.... RD was only charged for the stand alone disc brakes.. So basically he is getting the 8K axles and H tires for free..... Now as to how good the total deal actually is depends on the price he previously signed up for.
    FWIW, I got the triple axle 8Ks,. H tires for 7380. Under list price which I surmise should be about 8600..(based on the pricing for it on the Solitudes) But even that is cheaper than what it would cost to do this after the fact .

I believe the pin box is rated at 21K
    Last edited by huntindog; 06-21-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sir. That does sort of clear things up, particularly the pin box. I plan on making a call to GD to discuss some of the pricing, and options in general.

It just strikes me as odd that if you go with the 8k option, there doesn't appear to be a credit for the 7k. What GD calls "mandatory options" just muddies the price calculations even more. Why not just show them as standard equipment, and leave it alone?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually doing it this way saves a LOT of money in registration fees.
    For those of us in a state that taxes the value of our units as part of the registration, it adds up fast. AZ charges 4.00 per 100.00 of assesed value. Paid every year!
    On a new unit, they use the base price without options.
    Not sure how many states do this, but I bet it is a lot.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Actually doing it this way saves a LOT of money in registration fees.
    For those of us in a state that taxes the value of our units as part of the registration, it adds up fast. AZ charges 4.00 per 100.00 of assesed value. Paid every year!
    On a new unit, they use the base price without options.
    Not sure how many states do this, but I bet it is a lot.
    That's good to know. Hadn't thought about that. AZ is outrageous in their fees. Our plan is to take delivery here in AZ, with a one year fee, then reestablish domicile back in Florida where the fees are much more reasonable. We moved to AZ from Florida, and I still have a valid FL DL. We're attending a wedding back in Orlando in late October, and will hopefully take care of the domicile paperwork then.

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    It sounds like there was a screwup with RockDaddys order, and the Dealer is eating the cost.
    I know there was some confusion on the Momentums. On the Solitudes thay offer a disc brake option on the 7K axles, or the 8K, disc brake, H tires as another option. When I was inquiring about this on my Momentum order, I was told that disc brakes were only availible with the 8K / H tires option... Probably because the Momentums weigh a lot more than the Solitudes.... RD was only charged for the stand alone disc brakes.. So basically he is getting the 8K axles and H tires for free..... Now as to how good the total deal actually is depends on the price he previously signed up for.
    FWIW, I got the triple axle 8Ks,. H tires for 7380. Under list price which I surmise should be about 8600..(based on the pricing for it on the Solitudes) But even that is cheaper than what it would cost to do this after the fact .

I believe the pin box is rated at 21K
    there was a lot of confusion when all these options became available, when i called my salesman about these options he knew nothing about disc brakes or 8k axles or ordering extra solar panels, but after a call to Lance the District sales manager for GD in my area, they told me 3500 for 7k with disc brakes and 2000 for for extra solar panels for a total of 5500 which I had to pay to the dealership right there and then because they didn't want to change the deal we had on paper (i had ordered a 2020 and it was submitted to GD at the end of Feb. 2020, with a thought that it would be delivered around May 1st 2020 but corona happened and then the 2021's came online then all these options happened) I called about 2 weeks later when i heard of the tire upgrade they were gonna charge me 733 so i said lets do it, about that time I called GD just to make sure the order was good and THEY informed me no extra solar at this time maybe later and my 7k axles turned into 8k and the tires were included, of course I called my salesman to complain about the solar panels since I already paid for them so they credit me the 2000 for the panels (cash back or put on deal or credit at their store) so in all the confusion and after all the time that has passed I guess that I got a pretty good deal, I got 2020 pricing and they are honoring that also (I have signed paperwork) also GD told me that the pin box was not being upgraded so the sticker GVW of the RV would stay at 20k, in my particular instance but there seems to be a lot of confusion about this also, I will update with the true numbers when i pick it up the 24th - 25th of June
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did extensive research on this very topic considering adding the MoRryde 8K IS system to our 2020 380FL...it does NOT change the GVWR (16,800), but reduces the cargo capacity by the amount of additional weight of the IS system (~600 lbs. Net Add per MoRryde). Based on information from MoRryde, the NTSB, and GD, we elected to not pursue the IS system due to the loss of cargo capacity.

It is very important you DO NOT exceed cargo capacity, GVWR or axle ratings.

I HIGHLY recommend contacting GD and MoRryde to confirm the numbers.

Once a trailer frame is build and rated, only a certified NTSB Alterer can change the GVWR, but is very rare to accomplish.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteley RV View Post
    I did extensive research on this very topic considering adding the MoRryde 8K IS system to our 2020 380FL...it does NOT change the GVWR (16,800), but reduces the cargo capacity by the amount of additional weight of the IS system (~600 lbs. Net Add per MoRryde). Based on information from MoRryde, the NTSB, and GD, we elected to not pursue the IS system due to the loss of cargo capacity.

Once a trailer frame is build and rated, only a certified NTSB Alterer can change the GVWR, but is very rare to accomplish.
    What you say is technically true. However, the additional weight of the MORryde IS is unsprung weight and does not affect the chassis (it is not weight on the chassis). In fact, the subframe MORryde fabricates to mount the IS on actually strengthens the frame around the suspension area. It may not be kosher, but it is safe to ignore the added unsprung weight.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob:

Yes, agreed on all points and my contention as well, but legally and for safety is not; there is no gray area when it comes to safety. I highly recommend you contact Gary Wheeler or Jennifer Gregory at MoRryde to confirm as they will confirm the numbers.

I made the same position as you did to both MoRryde and GD, but it does not change the GVWR sticker number. If total trailer weight exceeds GVWR, it is jeopardizes the warranty, is not safe, and if stopped by state or local authorities would lead to potential heavy fine if they weigh the trailer and it exceeds the GVWR sticker rating no matter if there was no frame weight added; it is TOTAL weight of the trailer loaded over or under the GVWR.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteley RV View Post

On the topic of weight sticker, it does not matter what you have under the trailer for axles but what that sticker says if pulled over or worse if in an accident. DOT does not care what you added. They read the GVWR and GCWR and if you are over you are in trouble. That sticker is what the manufacturer certifies the rig for And no more. If GD is going to raise the GVW on the sticker that is great. Otherwise if not, the only thing you are doing is giving yourself piece of mind on capability of weight carrying but you are still overweight in the eyes of a Cat scale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast