User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M399TH 8k Axle Upgrade

We're looking hard at a new M399th, and I'm concerned about GVWR. It won't take much (about 800#) to hit the 20k max loaded "wet" with our toy in the garage. This begs the question:

Does the 8k axle option increase the maximum GVWR for the coach?

TIA

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does increase , by exactly how much I don't know but would guess at the min 1000 pounds. Call GD and ask for the Momentum sales Rep, he should be able to give you the best answer.

If I were buying a new Momentum or Full Solitude (not the S class) that axle would be the first upgrade I would want. We have always felt that CC is one of GDs biggest weaknesses.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I sent GD an email, but no response yet. My dealer says he spoke to the Rep, and he said you gain about 700#. If true, I can live with it.

I'm still trying to find out what the stock pin box specs are.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck are you talking about the standard 8k or the MorRyde (IS) 8k upgrade
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 395m was just built with the 8k axles and they come with a tire upgrade to cooper load range H, I asked GD if that would increase my CCC on the sticker and he shot me a quick sure would, but quickly corrected himself saying it would still have the same pin box so the sticker would still say 20K. That being said you know the 8K axles and load range H tires will have an impact on those numbers but most likely will remain unofficial for the time being.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 397th weighs 22,000 lbs. 6000 lbs on the hitch and 16,000 lbs on three 7,000 lb axles. So I am nowhere near the capacity of the axles. Spending the money to upgrade the axles doesn't seam it will make any difference.
    2007 Volvo 780 VNL Trailersaver Hitch
    2017 Momentum 397th
    2015 Polaris RZR 900S Voodoo Blue
    2017 Polaris RZR S1000 Matte Black
    2019 Polaris RZR S1000 Titanium Matte
    3 Yamaha Banshee's 2-Honda 400 EX's
    Honda 250EX 2016 Polaris Outlaw 110 EFI

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a recent thread in the other sandbox, GD's official response on GVWR and the 8K axles/tires/wheels/disc brakes upgrade was that it would increase the GVWR - by 1,000 lbs. if I recall.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdaddy View Post
    My 395m was just built with the 8k axles and they come with a tire upgrade to cooper load range H, I asked GD if that would increase my CCC on the sticker and he shot me a quick sure would, but quickly corrected himself saying it would still have the same pin box so the sticker would still say 20K. That being said you know the 8K axles and load range H tires will have an impact on those numbers but most likely will remain unofficial for the time being.
    That's interesting. I'm being asked to select the axle option as a separate item from the H tire option. Each has it's own price.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akfiredog377 View Post
    Chuck are you talking about the standard 8k or the MorRyde (IS) 8k upgrade
    I believe it's the "standard". I've not even been shown the MoRyde.

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    That's interesting. I'm being asked to select the axle option as a separate item from the H tire option. Each has it's own price.
    I ordered the 7k axles with disc brakes from the factory but that somehow got changed to the 8k, the tire option didnt show up till a few weeks later I called my salesman about it and my order was changed at GD factory, and right before they built it I called GD to verify the rv order along with the called in upgrades. This is when i found out i was getting 8k axles and disc brakes and that the tire upgrade was part of this package I believe I paid $3500 for all that, so i called my salesman again and asked if they were going to double charge me for the tires and they took off the charge from their end, and since my 395m is in transit and i wont take possession for the next couple of days I really wont know what I got till i look at it, but on paper I should have 8k w/disc brake and tire upgrade.
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast