User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a 3rd AC unit to my 328M Momentum

I have a 328M Momentum. It came with two AC stock. One is in the bedroom and the second one if in the living room. I been thinking of adding a 3rd AC on the garage. In the garage I have a ceiling fan. My questions are. Is it possible to add a 3rd AC with the hole that’s already there? Is the rig capable of taking the 3rd unit (electrical wise)? And what AC unit do I get?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GD site shows a 3rd A/C as an option so I would expect it to be pre-wired for the third unit. My 388 is a bit longer and I have 2 15k and one 13.5k units so I think you would be fine with a 13.5kBTU unit. You should also check your breaker panel for either a breaker for a third ac or an empty spot for one. If pre-wired, I would think it would already have the breaker there. If it doesn't, the wire may be tucked behind the breaker panel. One other place to check is the vent in the garage. Is there a blank electrical plate next to it? If not, take the molding off from the inside and see if there are any wires. You will need to find power and thermostat wires. Next you will need to find the other end of the thermostat wires.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston