User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC not blowing cool air

Out on our first trip with our new Solitude 390RK. AC unit in bedroom not blowing cool air. Unit in kitchen working just fine. Just looking for any suggestions before I call for service. Thanks

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. If you do a search you might find some good discussions on this. On past problems like this it was due to a divider under the interior shroud of the AC that wasnt set correctly. The divider separates the intake from discharge and basically allows the discharge to go back through the intake side instead of out the ducting. I would remove that shroud on the ceiling and check that divider plate. I'm not sure if the ACs they are currently installing has the same setup of those from earlier model years, but it's worth checking. I also found a temp sensor that monitors the coils fell out of one of mine (also accessible by removing that shroud).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your AC working? I
    Two years ago my new 337 one the two Coleman AC was DOA ! Missed it on delivery. First trip no cold air from front AC and NO water coming out exterior of AC, bad sign. When we did delivery walk around, the dealer had both ACs running so ducting masked the fact that Only one AC was putting out cold air..tip...run each AC individually. By the way the technician verified condenser had failed... must replace AC but paperwork between GD and Coleman took 30-45 days to fix!
    So, just just traded for Momentum 353G and and on deliver all 3 ACs putting out cold air..however on first trip, garage AC had more than normal vibration which can be be heard and felt in trailer. It is a light vibration but none the less a vibration. Replaced squirrel cage fan ..not the problem. May be fan motor shaft bent ..dealer looking into it. May just be my bad luck or Coleman has QC problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC not blowing cool air

Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    Is your AC working? I
    Two years ago my new 337 one the two Coleman AC was DOA ! Missed it on delivery. First trip no cold air from front AC and NO water coming out exterior of AC, bad sign. When we did delivery walk around, the dealer had both ACs running so ducting masked the fact that Only one AC was putting out cold air..tip...run each AC individually. By the way the technician verified condenser had failed... must replace AC but paperwork between GD and Coleman took 30-45 days to fix!
    So, just just traded for Momentum 353G and and on deliver all 3 ACs putting out cold air..however on first trip, garage AC had more than normal vibration which can be be heard and felt in trailer. It is a light vibration but none the less a vibration. Replaced squirrel cage fan ..not the problem. May be fan motor shaft bent ..dealer looking into it. May just be my bad luck or Coleman has QC problem!
    So I finally got a chance to take in for service and come to find out it is a bad thermostat. Waiting on the part to come in and hopefully will be ready in about a week. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctguy1300 View Post
    So I finally got a chance to take in for service and come to find out it is a bad thermostat. Waiting on the part to come in and hopefully will be ready in about a week. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
    Another common complaint with bedroom air conditioners is that they cycle on and off too much. It's often caused by cold air from the air conditioner blowing onto the nearby wall and thermostat, and is repaired by simply closing the louver on that side of the air conditioner.

I know that's not the issue you were reporting, but when you get a working A/C back you might experience this common issue.

Hope that this is the last of your issues.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch