Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roll Away Box in Garage

Has anyone mounted a roll away toolbox in their garage? I'm looking at putting one in my 395m. I saw one recently where the person screwed 2x4s to the floor to hold it in place.

Thanks

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the lower half only (the base box) in mine and anchored it to the floor, after removing the casters from the bottom of it. I felt like there was no good reason to have to move it in and out of the trailer, and as heavy as it is, that would be a lot of work anyway. I used the front middle tie down anchor and made a "J" hook out of 3/8" threaded rod. I then drilled a hole in the bottom of the toolbox and set the box on top of the "J" bolt that is hooked around the anchor. Then, I drilled a hole in a piece of aluminum angle and put it in the bottom of the toolbox and then a self locking nut to pull it down against the toolbox bottom. The angle is there to help "spread out" the load more evenly.....Here is a picture of it.....
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I'm also looking at removing the two sofa beds and putting a composite deck on the two brackets for work benches while at competitions to use for repairs. An acquaintance put two pieces of 3/4 ply on each one of his.