User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ordered an S-Class 2930RL

Should take 2-3 months to get built and delivered. We are very excited.

What are some of the recent production changes on the Solitide S-Class line (like the CRE-3000 equalizers as an example)?

Open to ideas and suggestions on DIY items to do when it comes in.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should look into upgrading your axles and disc brakes from the factory. I just ordered a Reflection that won't be completed until the end of August. I guess you can't order custom axles and disc with the reflection but you can with the Solitude.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Axles are 7K, did not have disc brake option upgrade in the S-Class or I would have in a heartbeat!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Axles are 7K, did not have disc brake option upgrade in the S-Class or I would have in a heartbeat!
    I would double check with the dealer you ordered from. Some people on here said they ordered their Solitude with diffrent axles along with disc brakes. I asked about doing the same on the reflection I order and was told only Solitude has that option.

Also were you given a date of completion for your trailer. I ordered the 367bhs and was told hopefully we will receive it last week of August.

Nick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 2020 2930 last February, heading from Pittsburgh to Disney our fridge died in out old trailer. Traded in Orange Park FL. We really enjoy our trailer. I did purchase large storage containers for under the bed storage. It did not come with a CD player, and using our dish, I installed a wireless AV signal unit in order for the bedroom TV to work. Good Luck, Ed

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome soon to be fellow S-Class owner!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! As for disc brakes, looks like GD switched to the following - https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bra.../HSE7K-T1.html

I may eventually upgrade myself (I have replaced suspension parts and brakes (including complete assemblies) on campers as well as on my prior truck (had to replace brake lines, hydro-boost, rear calipers, rotors, pads, etc.). I am comfortable with making the proper wiring connections, mounting the hardware and running/connecting the brake lines. I think there was a place in Indiana that would do the job for around $2600 (I would gladly pay that if still available). Wonder if there are places near here (in MD) that would do the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disc brakes and 8K axles are not an option on the s-class models.