User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without doing some type of resistance or voltage test, or by swapping with a known good control, they are just blowing cold air up your skirt...pun intended.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... the stat didn't do the trick. Dont want to keep just swapping out parts. Will have to find a good tech to spend some time with it. I guess.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOBObend View Post
    Well... the stat didn't do the trick. Dont want to keep just swapping out parts. Will have to find a good tech to spend some time with it. I guess.
    Do your lights dim or does anything else happen as the air conditioner tries to kick on? Any other odd behavior out of your 12V system?

I’m still suspicious that the 12V system, either in general or local to the air conditioner is dipping as the compressor load hits the AC electrical system. I’m wondering when the thermostat switches to 32 if it’s not temporarily “losing its mind” because of a voltage disruption and switching to Celsius for a second and then turning the air conditioner off.

Bad connections, bad converter, bad 12V ground connection or bad battery (which you checked) or even a compressor failing and drawing excess current are possible causes. If I were working on it, I think I’d want to check the thermostat wiring at the fuse block and at the air conditioner.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont notice any other odd occurrences and the 32° is farenheit. Idk much about electrical but just for the hell of it I tried flipping a few different breakers off one at a time while the ac was doing it's thing it does to possibly pinpoint the problem. Nothing changed... I think I will have to break down and get a technician to come to my camper. I just hope it doesn't break my wallet down! As I said in an earlier post..... this has been going on a while.!
    Thanks for your advice I will have alot of ammunition for the next tech for sure.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any luck figuring this out?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Mr. Wilson,
    I have not been able to get a tech out to check it as it is at the lake. And it's in a rural area. My plan is to latch on to it and bring it home so I then can get it looked at. We've been using it alot here lately and just didn't want to not be able to be at the lake.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you’ve been able to enjoy your rig and hope you get it squared away quickly b
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12