Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

32 degree problem

Please HELP!!.
    I have a 2015 Solitude 369 RL and my zone 1 air conditioner keeps short cycling. I have tried everything even bringing it to two different repair shops with no luck. The thing is that it works sometimes for hours then it will start short cycling for days. I have had an electrician check shore power and all is good. But then I've noticed that while I'm depressing the temp button for zone one at the same time as the compressor tries to come on the temp switches from whatever it is to 32 degrees for just a second. Enough time to make it recycle again. Can someone please help. I've checked for corrosion in phone lines also checked control panel for loose connections no luck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is your battery?

No experience with a problem like yours, but a lot of years solving weird electrical problems. Just wild guessing that a weak battery might result in a 12V dip while shore power is experiencing the startup load from the AC.

Edit: And welcome to the forum!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be the thermostat - 2015 rig - do you have only one thermostat? If you happen to have two - swap them and try it.

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked battery and its good. I have only one stat and it's a duel zone. Everything I've read and the two repair shops I've taken it to have told me it's fine but i guess I should just change it out cause at this point I'm very confused. 🤔
    Thanks for the input guys.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked the battery. (Good) I have only one stat dule zone. Repair shop and all I read on line suggest that wouldn't be the problem. But hey?? Guess I'm going to go get one cause my brain is starting to hurt. Lol I've been dealing with this for two months.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me ask a question to clarify, is the short cycling after it's run for a while or right at start up? And when you say short cycle is it the whole unit shutting off or just the compressor? It could be a bad freeze protector which shuts the compressor and leaves the fan running to "unfreeze" the unit.

I'm still leaning towards a thermostat - this is what provides the 12 V power to the AC control box which then directs the 120 VAC accordingly....compressor on off, fan on off etc.

Mark
    2020 Momentum 376THS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree...first thing would be to check thermostat/temp controls.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying. It does both...sometimes right at start up it short cycles and sometimes it will work for a couple hours. When the air conditioner is on auto the fan will come on first, then about 30 seconds to a minute later the compressor will try to come on and then the compressor will instantly kick off and the fan turns off shortly after. When the mode is on fan, the fan stays on and then the compressor short cycles but the fan stays on. I have noticed that sometimes the inside temp on the thermostat will go from the actual temperature to 32 degrees, and it causes it to think it is reaching temperature and turns off. I plan on changing the thermostat tomorrow. When I brought it to the rv repair, the freeze sensor tested good. In your opinion, could this be from the control board?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaning more towards the thermostat. The thermostat has the sensor for the inside temp and if it thinks it's 32 it tells the board to shut off.....make sense? The repair shops did not install a test thermostat for you?

Having the fan in auto and the delay for the compressor is normal...the key to the fan setting during normal working system, is in auto fan when the AC reaches temp the compressor and then the fan shutoff. If in hi or low fan when the AC reached temp the compressor shuts off but the fan never does.....

Mark
    2020 Momentum 376THS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't try a test stat. They told me the unit was working fine. And it may have been while at there shop. But as I said in the earlier post sometimes it does. Just not for long . As far as the 32 degrees I just noticed that recently. The thing that gets me is that the inside temp doesn't blink to 32 until the compressor tries to kick on. Like the extra draw from the compressor trying to turn on causes it. I will be purchasing a new stat tomorrow and heading back to the lake on Tuesday evening to try it and will update. Thanks again to all for input.
    HB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast