User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine AC Mod

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The additional control board should take care of the shutdown issue .... I am surprised that the AC won't restart after a 3 minute delay. With the proper control board that issue should be eliminated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks to me like the unit already has a "thermostat", al-be-it very basic. It's the dial that turns from the blue zone to the red zone. The colder setting is the totally in blue zone (where the snowflake icon is) and the warmest setting is the red zone (where the heat wave icon is).

The other knob looks like it is for the fan speed.

As far as restarting after a power failure. Most any good AC will not restart for a certain amount of time. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes but I'm guessing on that. It certainly wouldn't be immediately. So if the power is off for more than, let's just say 10 minutes, then the AC will restart when the power returns. The catch here is 'any good AC'. Since Dometic is experienced I would hope their AC does restart.

Without an exact model number a lot of this, along with thermostat recommendations, is just a guess on all our parts.

I'll bet that cover comes off and you can find a model number on it. I wouldn't be surprised to find that that cover is a separate part number / product than the AC unit itself (the part on the roof).

And - you can always contact Dometic to get help.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does have a rudimentary thermostat that seems to control the compressor. The fan, however, seems to run all the time. If it is supposed to restart after power outage it must be defective. Will definitely get in touch with Dometic.

Thanks
    2017 Duramax 2500HD pulling a
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12