User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

low water pressure on hot water

Trying to find the hot water bypass valve on my2020 Solitude 310 GK as we have very low pressure on hot water.Cold water is fine, all valves on panel are in the proper position. Little more than a trickle on all faucets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m experiencing the same issue on my Solitude S Class 3350-RL-R.... driving me nuts!!! Don’t know what the fix is yet, but would really like to know what’s causing it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double check the check valve on hot water tank... it’s a plastic POS. But I got better pressure once I pulled it and worked with it for a while. It was getting stuck open???? I believe???

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2200 View Post
    Trying to find the hot water bypass valve on my2020 Solitude 310 GK as we have very low pressure on hot water.Cold water is fine, all valves on panel are in the proper position. Little more than a trickle on all faucets.
    The hot water bypass valve is the red-handled one in the Nautilus panel. They've made it clearer in the manual now but could do even better.

It is a good idea to check it. Turn off the water supply, release pressure from your plumbing by opening the hot and cold low-point drain valves (lower right side of the Nautiilus cabinet) for a few seconds each, and then rotate that red valve handle gently through its range a few times before returning it to the UP position and restoring water supply.

The bad news is that that probably isn't the problem.

There's been a flurry of reports of this in late-model Solitudes in recent months. A handful of people have reported having to replace the check valve that @ToothHunter mentions above. They're not the most-robust part at the best of times, but it's beginning to look as though Grand Design got an especially-bad batch of them and people are reporting failures within weeks or months of commissioning their new trailer.

If you're interested in replacing it yourself, the check valve is located near the top edge of the back of the water heater. A little awkward working in there around all the wiring and plumbing but it's not a very complicated job.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch