User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wiring diagram from battery to battery buss-bars for 2018 Reflection 303 RLS where ca

We had unit worked on and wiring was redone incorrectly from the battery to solar wiring. We need something to show repair shop how it should be please give us information
    Thank you
    Kathleen

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khodgins View Post
    We had unit worked on and wiring was redone incorrectly from the battery to solar wiring. We need something to show repair shop how it should be please give us information
    Thank you
    Kathleen
    Some pictures of what you have would help with your question.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you give GD customer service a a call they can help. Have you vin handy. Also check over at the GD site as some there may have the diagrams you need or can help. There is also a GD solar face book page that may help.

Can you describe what the dealer did wrong. Solar wiring to the battery is fairly straight forward.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the shop doesn't understand how it should work then I wouldn't trust them to fix it. The overall theory is pretty basic but a lack of experience is very dangerous.

Factory drawings probably don't match what you have, mine sure don't.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having spent hours designing and wiring my own system, I am not sure how much help you can get form an online Forum, but, I will try.

Basically, the wiring is as simple as it gets: Positive to Positive and Negative to Negative, the only time a Positive goes to a Negative is in the case of 6 volt batteries that need to be wired together to create 12 volts.

In a typical Solar system you have the + and - wires coming out of the Solar panels, Depending on design, these are fed into a "Combiner Box" and you have two wires ( + and - ) which are fed down into the "Solar Charge Controller". The Solar Charge Controller has four wires Solar in ( + and - ) and Battery Out ( + and - ). The two wires coming from the roof are connected to "Solar in" and the two wires marked "Batt" are connected to the battery, that is it, it is that simple.

Now, because there are often several wires/cables that need to be connected to the battery and limited space on the battery terminals, then most installers will install "Buss Bars" between the Solar Charge Controller and the Battery, this is simply a connection point for all the heavy cables that need to be attached (electrically) to the battery, the buss bar is a thick metal bar with 4 (or more) bolts that allow the cables to all be connected. The insertion of a Buss Bar does not alter the path of the electrons, electrically, the Solar Charge Controller is still attached to the battery.

Here is a simplified Solar Wiring Diagram showing the components I mentioned as well as showing how an Inverter should be wired into the system:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Solar Diagram.jpg  
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget fuses or circuit breakers and a battery monitor!
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Having spent hours designing and wiring my own system, I am not sure how much help you can get form an online Forum, but, I will try.

Basically, the wiring is as simple as it gets: Positive to Positive and Negative to Negative, the only time a Positive goes to a Negative is in the case of 6 volt batteries that need to be wired together to create 12 volts.

In a typical Solar system you have the + and - wires coming out of the Solar panels, Depending on design, these are fed into a "Combiner Box" and you have two wires ( + and - ) which are fed down into the "Solar Charge Controller". The Solar Charge Controller has four wires Solar in ( + and - ) and Battery Out ( + and - ). The two wires coming from the roof are connected to "Solar in" and the two wires marked "Batt" are connected to the battery, that is it, it is that simple.

Now, because there are often several wires/cables that need to be connected to the battery and limited space on the battery terminals, then most installers will install "Buss Bars" between the Solar Charge Controller and the Battery, this is simply a connection point for all the heavy cables that need to be attached (electrically) to the battery, the buss bar is a thick metal bar with 4 (or more) bolts that allow the cables to all be connected. The insertion of a Buss Bar does not alter the path of the electrons, electrically, the Solar Charge Controller is still attached to the battery.

Here is a simplified Solar Wiring Diagram showing the components I mentioned as well as showing how an Inverter should be wired into the system:
    My Imagine XLS 17MKE is pre-wired on the roof for solar. The wire used is 10 gauge. How do I determine what the maximum number of solar wattage the wire will handle? I'm considering one and perhaps two 190 watt Go Power panels. In your research what was your best online resource for solar information?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the amperage you have to watch. Amperage melts wire! Watts is calculated from voltage and amperage so changing either affects wattage.
    W=V × A for a simple system.

10g is generally good for 30 amps, but note long runs and pushing the limits will spend the energy on heating the wire, not charging your batteries. So 30x12 = 360W maximum. Check the specs on any panels for their maximum amperage.
    Rick

PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank