User Tag List

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to Andersen WDH CS

We have been using an Andersen WDH since August 2015 and it’s on its 3rd trailer now. Never had any issues until we went camping recently when it started making a loud groaning noise during turns. When we got home I contacted their CS department last Tuesday and explained my problem and shared some photos. Today I received a new ball assembly and triangle plate free of charge.

They obviously stand behind their warranty.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    We have been using an Andersen WDH since August 2015 and it’s on its 3rd trailer now. Never had any issues until we went camping recently when it started making a loud groaning noise during turns. When we got home I contacted their CS department last Tuesday and explained my problem and shared some photos. Today I received a new ball assembly and triangle plate free of charge.

They obviously stand behind their warranty.
    Interesting to hear. I am researching these and it's the hardest shopping I've ever had to do! lol But I was looking at Anderson. It's the chain system? Pros/cons? We just ordered the same floor plan, 22MLE. So which one do you have? Rated to tow 1000 lb? Any info you give is appreciated.
    Last edited by TerBear; 06-23-2020 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerBear View Post
    Interesting to hear. I am researching these and it's the hardest shopping I've ever had to do! lol But I was looking at Anderson. It's the chain system? Pros/cons? We just ordered the same floor plan, 22MLE. So which one do you have? Rated to tow 1000 lb? Any info you give is appreciated.
    I originally had an Equalizer 4-point that worked as advertised but became too heavy for me to lift with back issues. I did a lot of research and decided on an Andersen WDH.

Yes it’s the chain style.

It is light, easy to connect/disconnect, can back up trailer without unhitching, it’s quiet, it has excellent sway control probably better than the equalizer, and by simply adjusting the nuts at the end of the chains you distribute weight to the front steer axle of your truck.

I’ve had the system for five years now over three different trailers (see signature) and it is reliable and sturdy given its light weight.

For your set up you need to answer a simple question, will you need a 4” or 8” drop/rise shank. The shank is the black steel part that you insert into your truck’s hitch receiver. I’m making an assumption you have a 2” receiver like mine which uses the 2” shank. You will need a 2 5/16” ball and the frame brackets on your 22mle are 5”.

I’m using an 8” shank in the rise position which works for me given the height of the rear of my truck.

3350 WDH kit will be the 4” drop/rise - it has the 2 5/16” ball and correct bracket size for your 22mle
    3380 WDH kit will be the 8” drop/rise - same as above

These are rated up to 14,000# Gross trailer weight and up to 1,400# tongue weight.

Here’s a link to their Fitment Guide

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...Guide+2019.pdf

Coupler height of your 22mle ground to bottom of coupler is about 21 3/4”.

Here’s a link to their kits

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...tion-kits.aspx

Let me know if you have any further questions. If in doubt about fitment you can call their CS department which is very helpful.

Their hitch is probably a little more costly than some others but when you consider the ease of use, sway control, etc. and their warranty, it’s money well spent in my opinion.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 06-23-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally had an Equalizer 4-point that worked as advertised but became too heavy for me to lift with back issues. I did a lot of research and decided on an Andersen WDH.

Yes it’s the chain style.

It is light, easy to connect/disconnect, can back up trailer without unhitching, it’s quiet, it has excellent sway control probably better than the equalizer, and by simply adjusting the nuts at the end of the chains you distribute weight to the front steer axle of your truck.

I’ve had the system for five years now over three different trailers (see signature) and it is reliable and sturdy given its light weight.

For your set up you need to answer a simple question, will you need a 4” or 8” drop/rise shank. The shank is the black steel part that you insert into your truck’s hitch receiver. I’m making an assumption you have a 2” receiver like mine which uses the 2” shank. You will need a 2 5/16” ball and the frame brackets on your 22mle are 5”.

I’m using an 8” shank in the rise position which works for me given the height of the rear of my truck.

3350 WDH kit will be the 4” drop/rise - it has the 2 5/16” ball and correct bracket size for your 22mle
    3380 WDH kit will be the 8” drop/rise - same as above

These are rated up to 14,000# Gross trailer weight and up to 1,400# tongue weight.

Here’s a link to their Fitment Guide

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...Guide+2019.pdf

Here’s a link to their kits

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/...tion-kits.aspx

Let me know if you have any further questions. If in doubt about fitment you can call their CS department which is very helpful.

Their hitch is probably a little more costly than some others but when you consider the ease of use, sway control, etc. and their warranty, it’s money well spent in my opinion.
    I can't say enough about how helpful this response was! Thank you so much! I'm sure I'll be back with you about something...Great having other MLE owners to bounce questions and ideas to.....Have you taken your new MLE out camping yet?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerBear View Post
    I can't say enough about how helpful this response was! Thank you so much! I'm sure I'll be back with you about something...Great having other MLE owners to bounce questions and ideas to.....Have you taken your new MLE out camping yet?
    Yes we’ve been out twice and have two trips planned for July.

We started out in pop-ups and really liked that open feeling with the fold out ends and lots of light. Fast forward, the 22mle feels much bigger inside then its 26’ exterior. The open floor plan, lots of windows, mirror behind dinette seat, and light colors gives it that feeling we had with pop-ups but with all the amenities.

In addition to private campgrounds we like to visit state parks. That’s where the size of the 22mle is perfect in our opinion. We can get into smaller sites while having all the luxuries. And we’re not over-taxing our truck to boot.

For couples we think GD hit a home run with this floor plan
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you know what the distance is to the top of the coupler? I'm thinking it's an additional 2" or so. This would be with the trailer level.

Thanks.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Would you know what the distance is to the top of the coupler? I'm thinking it's an additional 2" or so. This would be with the trailer level.

Thanks.
    You got it 24 1/4” to top.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)