Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Furrion Vision Side Cameras on 311BHS

Hi,
    When I was attempting to install the Furrion Side camera (front right) marker light on my 311BHS, there didn’t seem to be more than an inch of total wire to work with. When watching the various videos installs on YouTube....every video seem to have 4-6” of wire to work with. I attempted to pull the wire out of the hole, only to find the wire was very tight and I did not want to pull to hard.

Am I mounting the side camera in the correct location?
    Should I use the mid-body(by door) side marker light? There seemed to be a little more wire at the mid-body location.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-LM
    Last edited by DirtDobber; 06-22-2020 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same rig and encountered the same problem when upgrading to LED lights. I discovered there is a large amount of spray foam in there so highly unlikely you will get any extra wire out.

I’m installing side cameras as well this week and plan on putting one on the lower half by the door, since I cannot get any extra wire out and the awning arm there that might interfere with the view of the camera anyways.

I’m gonna put the other side camera, drivers side, on the upper side since that one had plenty of wire and no awning arm to interfere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried purchasing those side cameras at the dealership I purchased my trailer from. They said that the integrated lights aren't LED so they couldn't be installed as the 311 has LED lights. are you running into issues with that? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try loosening the screws on the panel surrounding the pin box and see if the clamping on the wire releases any. There's plenty there. It could be pinched by the panel, or an overzealous assembler put an ill-placed zip tie.

All those lights are homeruns of wire to the junction box for the trailer umbilical. Open it up and you'll see the over-stuffed crimp wire nut with all the grounds and likely 1 or 3 not firmly seated. Worst case is you can pull a whole new run of wire.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania